Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2016, COPR: 11-05-2016
LANDED..........
14-05-2016
Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions.
When time comes, I will let you know if we were lucky or not.

Vince85

Jan 16, 2018
Hi guys,

I am in the same situation. I'm coming canada cause I got a job offer, (they made a letter too) and my visa in the country of my partner is over, but my partner will join me in 3 weeks.

So I have to leave her country for two reasons, is that good enough to explain for the 3 weeks apart ?
And she can't come in same time as me, cause first we planned to stay in her country but I had the job offer, and she needs to prepare her papers and apply for online training.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

I am in the same situation. I'm coming canada cause I got a job offer, (they made a letter too) and my visa in the country of my partner is over, but my partner will join me in 3 weeks.

So I have to leave her country for two reasons, is that good enough to explain for the 3 weeks apart ?
And she can't come in same time as me, cause first we planned to stay in her country but I had the job offer, and she needs to prepare her papers and apply for online training.

Thanks
The OP waited another full year before applying as common law to ensure they could demonstrate one full year of living together continuously.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi guys,

Thanks
Again, you are not applying under Family Sponsorship so should not be asking your questions in this part of the forum as the answers may not apply to you (family sponsorship is much more strict on definitions vs just coming on work visas). Your case is specific to Foreign Workers so you need to post there.

CanucksSL

Jun 7, 2019
I am currently looking into the common-law inland sponsorship. I am currently living in denmark with my boyfriend (I am on a working holiday visa), and my visa expires in october. We both purchased tickets for oct 21st to travel to canada. But yesterday I got some upsetting news that my dad has cancer. So therefor I will leave Denmark 4/5 weeks earlier than my boyfriend, so I am able to be with my dad. He is unable to leave Denmark as it is way too of notice for the apartment and he still has work commitments and he wants to spend time with his family before he joins me in Canada. Now I understand you must be living together for 1 full year, and if we both left together for Canada on Oct 21 , the 1 year date would be jan 1. I am so torn what to do, because my understanding is that if I am away from my boyfriend for a great length of time, we wouldn't satisfy the 1 year requirement. So I am torn right now. Because the only way that we can be together is if he comes to canada and we do the sponsorship. Please if anyone can help me, or has been in a similar situation, I would love to hear from you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently looking into the common-law inland sponsorship. I am currently living in denmark with my boyfriend (I am on a working holiday visa), and my visa expires in october. We both purchased tickets for oct 21st to travel to canada. But yesterday I got some upsetting news that my dad has cancer. So therefor I will leave Denmark 4/5 weeks earlier than my boyfriend, so I am able to be with my dad. He is unable to leave Denmark as it is way too of notice for the apartment and he still has work commitments and he wants to spend time with his family before he joins me in Canada. Now I understand you must be living together for 1 full year, and if we both left together for Canada on Oct 21 , the 1 year date would be jan 1. I am so torn what to do, because my understanding is that if I am away from my boyfriend for a great length of time, we wouldn't satisfy the 1 year requirement. So I am torn right now. Because the only way that we can be together is if he comes to canada and we do the sponsorship. Please if anyone can help me, or has been in a similar situation, I would love to hear from you.
Based on many past cases we have seen here, anything above a three week separation is generally regarded as a break in continuous cohabitation by IRCC which means your 1 year count restarts from scratch. If you want to avoid having to start the 1 year count from scratch, have your boyfriend travel 2-3 weeks earlier than planned to Canada. Unfortunately IRCC does not make exceptions to the common law rule and won't give you a break for H&C reasons. The only real option is to change your plans. Alternatively you could also get married and then the 4-5 week break won't matter.