+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law file to be sent. I have some doubts...

Orangie

Jun 1, 2013
Hello Guys!!!

I do need your help, PLEASE.

My Canadian common-law partner and I (mexican) are gathering all the documentation to be sent to Mississauga.

1. Do I need to have my medical exams done at MEI in Mex City and put them in that file?
2. He is filling out some forms and I am filling Forms: IMM 0008, IMM5669 and IMM 5490 (Are those the right ones?
3. The National Identity Document: Is that the Credencial para Votar IFE or the passport?
4. How many pieces of sheets will be ok to describe our relationship? 2? 3? 4? 9? 10?
5. How should we send our file? Is a binder ok or not?

I will be very grateful to you all for any kind of advice, recommendations, suggestions, whatever info you can provide me.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Orangie

gamyover

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
Doc's Request.
8-11-2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 CPC-M, 8-11-2013 Mexico VO
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
Orangie said:
Hello Guys!!!

I do need your help, PLEASE.

My Canadian common-law partner and I (mexican) are gathering all the documentation to be sent to Mississauga.

1. Do I need to have my medical exams done at MEI in Mex City and put them in that file?
2. He is filling out some forms and I am filling Forms: IMM 0008, IMM5669 and IMM 5490 (Are those the right ones?
3. The National Identity Document: Is that the Credencial para Votar IFE or the passport?
4. How many pieces of sheets will be ok to describe our relationship? 2? 3? 4? 9? 10?
5. How should we send our file? Is a binder ok or not?

I will be very grateful to you all for any kind of advice, recommendations, suggestions, whatever info you can provide me.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Orangie
I was wondering what happened to you :)

1. You need to do you medical exam done as in the checklist they ask for proof that you made them, they give you a paper with a bar code and a number so they can match your medical exam's results with your file. I did mine in MEI it takes like 3 hours and you should ask for an appointment a week before. The requirements are at MEI website.
The other two places where you can make them are in Monterrey and Ciudad Juarez, I think the closer place to you is Mexico City.
2. I filled out IMM008, IMM5669, IMM5406, IMM5490, and if you have a representative IMM5476 I read if you want your husband to have access to your file you fill IMM5476 and put his information.
3. I had the same question and look in the forum and I found that lots of people use the IFE, others the passport, I read to in the forum and I check it today at the internet in a panic attack that Mexico doesn't have an official National Identity Document as other countries do. I already sent my app to Canada today and I put no, because what I read in the forum. I hope it works ok. I think you can use any of those ones IFE or passport, both are Identity documents and are from Mexico.
4. About this question it varies according to the other proof you got I think, or what additional detail you want to give them, there is not a number of right pages. I wrote lots of pages, because I always wrote lots of pages for everything, but people said it was to much, so I tried to make less pages, works a little better, but still lots of them lol :D
5. I would says better use envelopes and paperclips, I think they don't accept binders. Maybe others know better

Anyway good luck with everything again.

kevs

May 17, 2013
My suggestion is that you take the medicals right away, and send the complete package all together, including all fees.

Otherwise, it will just delay the process further down the road.

Good luck.
kevs

Orangie

Jun 1, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to respond.
I still have doubts number 2 and 5 not cleared.

Can anybody help me??

I am really stressed!! :'(

Orangie

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Orangie said:
Thank you for taking your time to respond.
I still have doubts number 2 and 5 not cleared.

Can anybody help me??

I am really stressed!! :'(

Orangie
Yes to 2.

5, DO NOT SEND A BINDER. They will more than likely ship it right back to you. All of it has to be loose.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009