+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law and IEC NZ

Canada8197

Jul 10, 2017
Hi all,

I want to ask some questions regarding sponsorship and IEC. From my previous posts I was told it's okay to apply for IEC until me and my partner can fully prove we have lived together for 12 months (bank account creation date with same address). As we didn't want our case to be rejected due to the lack of proof for the officer. Thus I applied and one week after already received an invitation for IEC. now what I need help is basically, what should I do? I declared common law on the application because we have already declared this to CRA, the only thing is just not submitting for common law until we have solid proof, rather than letters from family. This means rather than a POE letter, I'm already in Canada, living with my boyfriend. I know this case is not typically common for IEC, therefore I need some advice...

It has asked how long I intend to stay in Canada. I stated permanent, as we are 100% applying for common law in 2018. And I stated my current country of residence is Canada. Will this NEGATIVELY affect my application at all, as I'm already here? The application gives me an option to upload a document to explain anything else. I wrote an explanation saying that I fully understand that unless otherwise approved, I MUST leave Canada when the permit expires. Will that help satisfy the officer? I'm just not sure how I can explain our situation.

And one more thing is they want a completed police check, but the site says for Nz, I just need to fill a consent form and send it to cic. I hope that's really all I need? As it says if the deadline is reached and I lack documents, the app is instantly rejected.. I would be less anxious, but I think my case is more unique since I'm already in Canada, not in nz. I do have health insurance, and I do have enough money though, so that's not an issue.

Thanks guys.