+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coming to canada as a research assistant with a university's sponsorship

redbullah

Mar 18, 2015
hello everyone, this might be a little off the student topic but i couldn't find any related information around and this seemed to be the best place to post. i'm currently continuing my master's degree programme in turkey and also planning to start a phd programme after i complete this. i thought if canadian universities accept research assistants (or any lower degree academy workers if available) as immigrants. migrating as a money earner rather than a student seems a much better option to me. if possible, how can i do that? thanks in advance.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redbullah said:
hello everyone, this might be a little off the student topic but i couldn't find any related information around and this seemed to be the best place to post. i'm currently continuing my master's degree programme in turkey and also planning to start a phd programme after i complete this. i thought if canadian universities accept research assistants (or any lower degree academy workers if available) as immigrants. migrating as a money earner rather than a student seems a much better option to me. if possible, how can i do that? thanks in advance.
What is your question???

redbullah

Mar 18, 2015
basicaly, is it possible to migrate to canada directly as a research assistant in a university? if so, how?

Rock0081

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Yes you can do phd with financiAl aid in the form of either research assistant or teaching assistant. But for that you have to contact professors of the universities before applying.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Rock0081 said:
Yes you can do phd with financiAl aid in the form of either research assistant or teaching assistant. But for that you have to contact professors of the universities before applying.

Income from RA/TA is not acceptable to prove financial capacity when applying for study permit.

Rock0081

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

Income from RA/TA is not acceptable to prove financial capacity when applying for study permit.
Yes I know this; but his question is different from this aspect he just asking the question that is canadian universities accept research assistant

Mrvka

Mar 16, 2015
Can you please explain why RA fee in not acceptable as financial support. I got accepted at PhD studies and got RA position, why do you think I can not stated as a part of financial support?