+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Combine 2 one-year certificate Post graduation work permit

Jan 25, 2023
Dear Sir, I hope you are doing well, My wife completed two years of studies at Seneca College on 29 April 2024. During her studies, she completed two Ontario College Certificates in person without any gap. The duration of studies was two years (4 Semesters). After that she applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) on 08 May, 2024. On 22nd August, 2024, she received a letter of introduction informing that her PGWP application has been approved for one year instead of three years.

Through the Web Form, she submitted a letter of reconsideration to IRCC. However, their response was not satisfactory. As you know, it is very difficult to get PR with one year of PGWP. I would appreciate it if you could help me out in this matter.
I have attached her education documents, including the IRCC response, for your review.
Thank you very much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Sir, I hope you are doing well, My wife completed two years of studies at Seneca College on 29 April 2024. During her studies, she completed two Ontario College Certificates in person without any gap. The duration of studies was two years (4 Semesters). After that she applied for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) on 08 May, 2024. On 22nd August, 2024, she received a letter of introduction informing that her PGWP application has been approved for one year instead of three years.

Through the Web Form, she submitted a letter of reconsideration to IRCC. However, their response was not satisfactory. As you know, it is very difficult to get PR with one year of PGWP. I would appreciate it if you could help me out in this matter.
I have attached her education documents, including the IRCC response, for your review.
Thank you very much
What was their response to reconsideration? There is no guarantee nor nothing on the website that says three years. The site say may get a combination of the two programs. So how long were the programs combined? Two eight month programs may get her 16 months PGWP. IRCC is enforcing PGWP rules and big immigration changes are coming. There is nothing attached. So the two of you should focus on improving score like maxing IELTS and learning French.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Thank you very much
This is 2024, rules are more strict

Reactions: Naturgrl