+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombo Sri Lanka | Spouse Sponsor Processing Time

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
tranjini said:
there is a new form for IMM008 which got released november :( i sent mine in on december. hopefully they don't ask new forms resubmits.
every time when you send a form, you better download a new form from the internet what ever good luck

Love22

Sep 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan17/2013
Med's Done....
Jan26/2015 re-medical&police report
Passport Req..
April 16-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
MoudiCanada said:
Do you mean that you want to go and pick him up after he gets his ppr?
You don't have to. The process is straight forward after he lands in Canada.
By the way, how did you know that you he is getting ppr soon?
Best wishes
Thank you MoundiCanada.
I just wanted to make sure it'll be all straight forward with immigration. Our case was appealed and it usually takes 6-7 months and now we're just waiting for ppr.

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi guys,

I won my ADR in November and my ecas has changed to decision made. Hopefully I get ppr request soon. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Siva.

Siva said:
Hi guys,

I won my ADR in November and my ecas has changed to decision made. Hopefully I get ppr request soon. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Congrats Siva

Siva said:
Hi guys,

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
i JUST CHECKED ALL THE PEOPLE'S TIMES AND DATES FOR THE SRI LANKA COLOMBO. YOU GUYS ARE WAITING FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. yOU SHOULD CONTACT THE LOCAL MINISTER AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. i AM NOT GOING TO WAIT THAT LONG. THIS IS JUST AWFUL.

Love22

Sep 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan17/2013
Med's Done....
Jan26/2015 re-medical&police report
Passport Req..
April 16-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
tranjini said:
i JUST CHECKED ALL THE PEOPLE'S TIMES AND DATES FOR THE SRI LANKA COLOMBO. YOU GUYS ARE WAITING FOR MORE THAN A YEAR. THAT IS RIDICULOUS. yOU SHOULD CONTACT THE LOCAL MINISTER AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. i AM NOT GOING TO WAIT THAT LONG. THIS IS JUST AWFUL.
Yup, tell me about it. Especially if you get refused just the waiting for a hearing takes at least 8 months now in Toronto. I waited 10 months for an ADR. Its just crazy and apparently our file was refused due to miscommunication between the VO and my lawyer.. its that pathetic.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Are most of the people here in this thread doing it second time? I am just curious because my brother got his in 6 months he did not have a lawyer. Another friend of mine got in 6 months but they are all ladies. Apparently, it is easier for ladies than guys. I am sponsoring my husband. I am just shocked to see people are waiting more than a year on this thread.

Love22 said:
Yup, tell me about it. Especially if you get refused just the waiting for a hearing takes at least 8 months now in Toronto. I waited 10 months for an ADR. Its just crazy and apparently our file was refused due to miscommunication between the VO and my lawyer.. its that pathetic.

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tranjini said:
Are most of the people here in this thread doing it second time? I am just curious because my brother got his in 6 months he did not have a lawyer. Another friend of mine got in 6 months but they are all ladies. Apparently, it is easier for ladies than guys. I am sponsoring my husband. I am just shocked to see people are waiting more than a year on this thread.
It depends on whether the visa officer recommends a detailed security check.
Majority of delayed cases are for sponsored husbands because they undergo security screening. But a wife with travel history is common to need security check too.

Mayflower23

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
File Transfer...
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
02-07-2015
mcanon86 said:
In Process --> Mar 3, 2015
SA --> Feb 14, 2015
AOR ---> Jan. 24, 2015
App received --> Nov 7th, 2014
Congrats Mcanon!!! I also submitted my app the same day so hopefully I see a change in status soon!

ranilj

Dec 10, 2013
Hi

Is there any difference in timelines when the sponsor is a Canadian citizen vs. PR holder? Anybody here who is a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring there spouse? Would like to know your timelines please :)

Also, is there any benefit in having Canadian TRV (multiple entry for 10 years) at the time of applying for PR? I ask this because the TRV forms also ask for similar details as the PR forms, although not to the same extent of detail. However, the Visa officers would do a similar screening of the person prior to granting TRV. So does it mean that the spouse screening process for PR might be quicker? (Just a logical assumption :) ). Any insights on the same would be highly appreciated :)

Thank you!

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
Obviously, canadian citizens have more chance of getting the visa for spouses more quicker than the PR because citizens have the right. PR is anytime you can deported back to your country. I don't see much of a difference between the two. They look at more on income, qualification and the genuinity of the relationship. How you prove these on your application package. They want to know if you two are married for real and if you liked each other to get married or misusing the sponsorship for other reasons. They also want to know if you are innocent maybe your sponsored person might fraud you so they want to check that by interviewing the person. Then, if the person is granted visa will that person work and support himself or herself without depending on government.
Canadian government is fed up with alot of cases where the husband or wife come sponsored and run away from their spouses. Also, they are fed up with people come to canada and receive social assistance. this is their main concern.

ranilj said:
Hi

Is there any difference in timelines when the sponsor is a Canadian citizen vs. PR holder? Anybody here who is a Canadian citizen who is sponsoring there spouse? Would like to know your timelines please :)

Also, is there any benefit in having Canadian TRV (multiple entry for 10 years) at the time of applying for PR? I ask this because the TRV forms also ask for similar details as the PR forms, although not to the same extent of detail. However, the Visa officers would do a similar screening of the person prior to granting TRV. So does it mean that the spouse screening process for PR might be quicker? (Just a logical assumption :) ). Any insights on the same would be highly appreciated :)

Thank you!

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
ranilj said:
Hi

Thank you!
my husband is a canadian citizen for more that 26 years but they dont care about the citizenship and we are waiting here for more than 4 years for now bcoz of many many confusions came along with my sponsorship... thats my hard luck i think... but doesnt matter whether they are canadians or not the cic go through their rules and procedures so, if you have enough proofs and reliable documents they will grant the visa