+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Applying for Visitor Visa - Questions and Advice

powzers

Apr 19, 2017
Hello ya'll,

First post here! Been browsing here for weeks. Great information and great to see people helping people.

I would like to share my current situation and would highly appreciate thoughts and inputs from experienced posters. My questions are in blue! Thanks!

In January and early February of 2017 I was traveling Medellin, Colombia. I met a woman and spent many days of my trip with her. We bonded and decided we would like to see each other again.

Intent

- To invite her as a friend to Canada for 33 days.
- We haven't labelled our relationship. Clearly we are both infatuated with each other. We have long logs of text conversations daily and a great snapstreak ;)
purpose of trip is to get to know each other more thoroughly and to decide if we would like to further advance our relationship
- I would love to show her Canada. I also have a friends destination wedding within Canada that I would love to take her to. Tourism is a going to be a big part of her trip in Canada.

Relationship Questions

- What is ideal to declare for relationship? I want to play by the rules while making optimal decisions to get the travel visa approved. Do not want to jeopardize future visits or visas.

Application Questions

- What is ideal in terms of applying. Applying on her behalf as a representative? Herself applying online?
- Medellin has a VAC centre, should she go there? What's best? Tell me por favor!!!

Application Supporting Documents

- Detailed letter of employment. From her HR. Looks great
- Certificate of Education
- Bank statements with proof of income
- Previous travel history. Photo of stamp of her trip to Panama
- Well written invitation letter from me + notarized by lawyer
- Photos of her family and dog. Her explaining how she is vital to her family for financial support
- Application Supporting Documents Questions
- Letter of employment is in Spanish. Do I need to pay for these forms to be translated?
- Can I show flight details but not purchase the flight until her application is approved?
- What else could she provide to ensure she will be accepted.

Proof of Relationship

My current plan is to write a detailed summary detailing:

- information of myself and how I'm apart of my community
- our time spent in Medellin
- our plans in Canada
- include photos of us
- some of our chat transcripts
- intention of our relationship-friendship
- explaining that I'm financially secure (provide screen shots of my bank accounts) and will cover her expenses while in Canada
- my Colombian passport stamp
- explain that I will provide transportation to the airport to ensure she returns to Colombia

Question

What else can I add to optimize her application? Do you feel this is a strong application?

powzers

Apr 19, 2017
Whoops. Bad editing. Questions that were not edited in blue.

Application Supporting Documents Questions

- Letter of employment is in Spanish. Do I need to pay for these forms to be translated?
- Can I show flight details but not purchase the flight until her application is approved?
- What else could she provide to ensure she will be accepted.