Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
foodie69 said:
Still want to move to New Brunswick then?
I will manage hehe. After going through so much just to get a visa, now is not the time to back out! ;D

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I am from Vancouver, I only wear my normal clothes plus my Columbia winter jacket, Columbia hiking shoes (not winter shoes), toque, gloves and I am fine, if there is ice, you use those ice cleats on your shoes and you will be fine. I walk to work coz it's just near to my home, I didn't slip once! Some people are just really whiny and complaining lol. ;D

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Oh, you would love the snow in Vancouver. Because after 1 or 2 days of snow the next 2-3 days are guaranteed to be sunny. Rain, on the other hand, would keep pouring ( it's always slightly more than drizzle never heavy rain in vancouver) and no sun for a week is just normal.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
I came to Vancouver last week for my 'short-landing' (and will be traveling back to Singapore tonight). It is winter here in Vancouver, and it was raining for the better part of last week. But what depresses me most is that everyone on the street wears black! Black coats, black jackets, black scarves, black gloves, and shoes. I know that winter clothing normally comes in dark colors, but it is positively depressing when you see nothing but black on the street. When I come back, I will make a point of wearing more bright colors in winter: orange, yellow, green, etc.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ybjianada said:
I came to Vancouver last week for my 'short-landing' (and will be traveling back to Singapore tonight). It is winter here in Vancouver, and it was raining for the better part of last week. But what depresses me most is that everyone on the street wears black! Black coats, black jackets, black scarves, black gloves, and shoes. I know that winter clothing normally comes in dark colors, but it is positively depressing when you see nothing but black on the street. When I come back, I will make a point of wearing more bright colors in winter: orange, yellow, green, etc.
All my winter coats and jackets are black - winter jackets are expensive and black goes with everything! Bright scarves and other cheap items are the way to go :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My columbia jacket is 2 in 1, black is the inner and white is the outer shell, I usually don't use the white because the black is already insulated that can be worn to -5 weather. My toque and scarf are RED. I only use gloves if it is really cold.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ybjianada said:
So you didn't see me wearing my light blue jacket and dark blue shoes.. haha!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
jackychun77 said:
I am from a country which have much milder winter (no snow!!) ... so how can i stay warm during snow season .

i plan to move to Vancouver
Vancouver winters are mild too LOL, and it doesn't snow as often as it does in most other places in Canada. Since you already had a winter, you more or less know. Just layer up or buy a thicker coat. I'm from the tropics and I'm holding up pretty well, I actually enjoy the cold.

Uniqlo opened in Toronto right after I landed, and it's been a godsend for affordable but reliable longjohns (the HeatTech range) and winter coats in petite sizes.