+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op Work Reference Letters

dunnoyet

Jun 10, 2013
Hi there,

Should I be including my co-op work experiences gained in the past 3 years on my Schedule 8 form?

I know I need to include them on my Background Declaration form, which I already did. Also do I need to submit letter of employments for my co-op work terms?

For my qualifying 1-year work experience with my PGWP, I have a properly drafted reference letter from my employer, T4 and pay stubs. So for that, I'm fine, but when it comes to my past co-op work experiences, I'm not so sure.

I have the reference letters for one of the co-op work terms, however with the other one, the HR department was not so friendly and they just provided me with a really generic one with incorrect information as apparently their HR systems did not capture my hours or start-end date correctly.

I've tried contacting the person who drafted the letter, but she was unreachable (not answering the phone and not replying to my emails either).

I do however still have the offer letter from the other co-op work term which I'm thinking of including as proof of employment instead of that grossly incorrect employment verification letter.

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Personally I did not add co-ops neither in the back ground or work experience area. A lot of my friends did the same and did not have any problem getting their PR. Co-ops are considered as part of your education. That's why some people do add them and some people don't.

As long the employer's experience you are showing gives you proper employment letter, you are good. For the co-ops, if you really want to add, you can write an explanation letter saying that those were your co-op work terms, and they are not considered as your experience (with the generic letters you are getting).

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
You do not need co-op letters.

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Thank you for the answer.

So i don't need to mention ANYTHING at all about coop? even in IMM5669E - Question 8: Personal History since you are 18 years old?

I am thinking to mention in IMM5669E but not in IMM0008 !

Do you think its fine or should i just completely take off " Coop " from everywhere?

ahm2307

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
hurlyhunk said:
Thank you for the answer.

So i don't need to mention ANYTHING at all about coop? even in IMM5669E - Question 8: Personal History since you are 18 years old?

I am thinking to mention in IMM5669E but not in IMM0008 !

Do you think its fine or should i just completely take off " Coop " from everywhere?
Oh absolutely do mention it in your personal history. You just need not provide references for it or mention it as "work experience" since it technically is part of your education.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Include coop work experience as part of background information. That part is relevant.

You do not need to include it elsewhere as it is not valid skilled work experience that counts towards your CEC requirements. Reference letters for coop work experience are also unnecessary.

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks so much for your answers guys.

I have another question, i am asking here because no one is replying to my other post there.

IMM5669E - QN 7 - Education

I have been trying to fill this section since 1 week and is driving me craaaaaaazy !!
Could you please answer below questions:

1. No.of Years in school in India, is it 10?
2. Type of certificate, Field of study to put in for my intermediate and 10th class, there is no enough space.

Indian people who have already filed PR under CEC, could you please advise the correct way to fill this section.

h*tp://oi41.tinypic.com/vmyjkm.jpg - Please replace * with t to take to the uploaded picture for more clarification on my question.

Thanks in advance

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
hurlyhunk said:
Thanks so much for your answers guys.

I have another question, i am asking here because no one is replying to my other post there.

IMM5669E - QN 7 - Education

I have been trying to fill this section since 1 week and is driving me craaaaaaazy !!
Could you please answer below questions:

1. No.of Years in school in India, is it 10?
2. Type of certificate, Field of study to put in for my intermediate and 10th class, there is no enough space.

Indian people who have already filed PR under CEC, could you please advise the correct way to fill this section.

h*tp://oi41.tinypic.com/vmyjkm.jpg - Please replace * with t to take to the uploaded picture for more clarification on my question.

Thanks in advance
I have put:
StartDate - EndDate - Full name of your school - Sec. School - Science
StartDate - EndDate - Full name of your college - High School - Science

One thing I saw from the screen shot you have posted you have a lot of empty fields. You should not leave any empty field. Put as much information as you can. If you are certain there is no relevant information, put "Not applicable"