+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Co-op exceeds 50% of the program. What can I do?

Johnatthan

Dec 25, 2019
Hello friends.

I was accepted in a program at an ontario college that requires co-op in order for me to graduate.

However, to get my co-op work permit, the co-op can't exceed 50% of the program. My co-op would be 54 weeks out of 104 weeks (52%). I wouldn't be elegible to get the co-op work permit.

What can I do? Am I unable to take the program because of the co-op time period? Is there any other visa I can apply to?

It's my dream program, I don't want to give up from it because of that... What are my options?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends.

I was accepted in a program at an ontario college that requires co-op in order for me to graduate.

However, to get my co-op work permit, the co-op can't exceed 50% of the program. My co-op would be 54 weeks out of 104 weeks (52%). I wouldn't be elegible to get the co-op work permit.

What can I do? Am I unable to take the program because of the co-op time period? Is there any other visa I can apply to?

It's my dream program, I don't want to give up from it because of that... What are my options?
What school and program is it?

Yes - you are unable to take the program as is. The co-op cannot be more than 50% of the duration of studies.

kpat

Jul 15, 2020
Ask your college. You may be in a tough situation.
hey @k.h.p. , could you please guide on how to apply SP extension from home country.
I submitted an application for my study visa last year (specifically, in Nov 2019) because I was supposed to join University for Jan intake. However, due to delay in visa, I had to defer my admission from jan intake 2020 to sept intake 2020. The University provided with new offer letter to join in sept 2020 intake. I got my study visa approval around 17 jan 2020 but visa is valid till 31 Aug 2020 because my passport too was valid till that date only. Now, I have renewed my passport and requested for an extension of my study visa through webform by uploading the new loa. I filled the first webform on 27th may and received an automated reply that provide your new loa if deferred(which i already attached). Then i emailed embassy around 25th june and then again filled the webform on 9th july and got just an automated reply. could you please guide