+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit |. Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?

Anubhav25

Oct 7, 2024
Hi All,

I am on closed work permit and on my work permit mentions a LMIA or Exempt number: AXXXXXXX like this. Does this mean my job is LMIA exempt? If Yes, Then answer for

"Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" should be "No", right?

I have been working for this employer on current closed work permit for more than a year (Software Engineer) and is still valid till 2026. I am wondering what should I answer to the question asked in the form for "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" . Should I answer Yes and can claim 50 points (and any document will have to provide later? )or I should say "No - My work permit is exempt from LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I am on closed work permit and on my work permit mentions a LMIA or Exempt number: AXXXXXXX like this. Does this mean my job is LMIA exempt? If Yes, Then answer for

"Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" should be "No", right?

I have been working for this employer on current closed work permit for more than a year (Software Engineer) and is still valid till 2026. I am wondering what should I answer to the question asked in the form for "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?" . Should I answer Yes and can claim 50 points (and any document will have to provide later? )or I should say "No - My work permit is exempt from LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific
You need to answer "no" to the LMIA question. You don't have an LMIA. You can still claim the 50 points if you have been working for your employer on the closed work permit for over a year.

Anubhav25

Oct 7, 2024
Thank you so much @scylla for your quick reply

Yes I have been working for this employer for more than a year now on this closed work permit.
Also can you please clarify (I am sorry if I misunderstood) .

Out of all the Options:

Should It be just "No" or "No - My work permit is exempt from LMIA for other reasons and is employer specific"

My closed work permit mentions the Employer Name , so I believe it's employer specific, hence little confused..

Also, do I need to do update my answer anywhere to claim 50 Point , if I say No to the above question? or the system will add 50 points automatically to my score based on my work history and candian experience in application