+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed biometrics centers, and application process.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
It seems we will need to provide biometrics.

The problem is, the centers to do biometrics are all closed in Russia. We have already applied and paid the application fee, but got a letter stating that they need to see a receipt for biometrics before they will continue processing the visa.

Will they begin looking at our application and make a decision with the payment receipt, or will they only begin checking after the biometrics places open, and my wife can visit to provide her fingerprints?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
They will only look at your application after you provide your biometrics.
We applied to go for holiday for Christmas. If the biometrics centers don't open in the next month, and they can't look at our application until after the date which we want to travel, what will happen with the application? Will they deny it or accept it to allow us to re-book the flight.

jeremysmith

Aug 17, 2020
We applied to go for holiday for Christmas. If the biometrics centers don't open in the next month, and they can't look at our application until after the date which we want to travel, what will happen with the application? Will they deny it or accept it to allow us to re-book the flight.
I think you can't even go even if you have the visa...

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I think you can't even go even if you have the visa...
I am a Canadian citizen. From what I understand, my wife can accompany me if she has a visa.

We are hoping to go for Christmas, but understand that there is a 95% chance we will need to rebook the tickets. The main thing is to get the visa though.

jmbits

Oct 19, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen. From what I understand, my wife can accompany me if she has a visa.

We are hoping to go for Christmas, but understand that there is a 95% chance we will need to rebook the tickets. The main thing is to get the visa though.
You should explore the possibility of going to another country so she gives her biometrics there.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They will still process the application once you give biometrics and approve or refuse it just like they would have done before. In other words, it's not going to be an automatic refusal just because your travel dates have passed. Hope that helps.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
They will still process the application once you give biometrics and approve or refuse it just like they would have done before. In other words, it's not going to be an automatic refusal just because your travel dates have passed. Hope that helps.
Would it be possible to change the date of the trip if it seems like we won't get the biometrics submitted in time?

I had figured that there would be more considerations in place considering the mess that the virus has been making.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would it be possible to change the date of the trip if it seems like we won't get the biometrics submitted in time?

I had figured that there would be more considerations in place considering the mess that the virus has been making.
You don't need to change the date of the trip in the application. IRCC will process is regardless of the date of the trip. If the visa is approved, you can certainly change when you travel. No need to notify IRCC.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
You don't need to change the date of the trip in the application. IRCC will process is regardless of the date of the trip. If the visa is approved, you can certainly change when you travel. No need to notify IRCC.
Ah wow, it's quite late here and I misread your last message. I thought you had said that they would automatically refuse it if the travel dates pass.

Thanks for the information! You have put my mind at ease.

I just read that the visa center in St. Petersburg is opening up today (28th). We are in Moscow, so it's a bit of a trek, but perhaps we can take a small getaway and get the biometrics done.

Reactions: scylla

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
We paid and sent the receipt 2 days ago, but our account still says "your action is required".

Is this normal? I don't see anything else that we should send, and previous correspondence with them came within 24 hours.