+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CLB level check suggestions

Vp3571

Mar 20, 2018
Hi Dear All,

I have a question with regards to the CLB points system, so to put it through let me first give you details about my IELTS scores

I have the following IELTS General Scores -
Listening 5.5
Reading 4.5
Writing 6
Speaking 6

After conversion to CLB, I get the below CLB scores -
Listening 6
Reading 5
Writing 7
Speaking 7

So my question here is that, with the above scores should my CLB score be the average of the 4 scores? (i.e 6+5+7+7 / 4 = 6)
Or would it still be considered as CLB 5.

Please give me reply who knows proper guidance

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
No, CRS score for language do not average, e.g. (without spouse case) "5 in writing and listening and 7 in speaking and reading" give 6+6+16+16 instead of 8+8+8+8 (which would be if all was averaged)

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Dear All,

I have a question with regards to the CLB points system, so to put it through let me first give you details about my IELTS scores

I have the following IELTS General Scores -
Listening 5.5
Reading 4.5
Writing 6
Speaking 6

After conversion to CLB, I get the below CLB scores -
Listening 6
Reading 5
Writing 7
Speaking 7

So my question here is that, with the above scores should my CLB score be the average of the 4 scores? (i.e 6+5+7+7 / 4 = 6)
Or would it still be considered as CLB 5.

Please give me reply who knows proper guidance
No, for both questions. Those scores are specific to each category. Minimum CLB in each section is 6 if you are planning to apply via FSW. Maybe this requirement is same for other streams as well, check if applying via a different stream.

Vp3571

Mar 20, 2018
No, CRS score for language do not average, e.g. (without spouse case) "5 in writing and listening and 7 in speaking and reading" give 6+6+16+16 instead of 8+8+8+8 (which would be if all was averaged)
Then what is my clb level? Can u please calculate for me ?

Vp3571

Mar 20, 2018
No, for both questions. Those scores are specific to each category. Minimum CLB in each section is 6 if you are planning to apply via FSW. Maybe this requirement is same for other streams as well, check if applying via a different stream.
Can you please calculate what is my clb level?

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
Then what is my clb level? Can u please calculate for me ?
"After conversion to CLB, I get the below CLB scores -
Listening 6
Reading 5
Writing 7
Speaking 7"

For CRS this gives 46 points w/o spouse, and 49 with spouse (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html).

However, as noted above, you do NOT qualify for neither Federal Skilled Worker nor Canadian Experience Class (both require ALL language abilities to be CLB 7 or higher).