+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Class Strength in MEng (course-based) Programs ??

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
Hi guys :D

I have been searching for some information on this topic for quite some time, but couldn't find any real time feedback or data on this thing.

So I would like to ask this question to my dear friends who are currently studying or who have already completed a course-based MEng program from any Canadian University.

All i want to know is, Usually in any MEng program what is the total class strength (total no. of students studying in a particular session/batch)

And amongst these students, what is the ratio of Indian v/s Canadian v/s Chinese v/s Pakistani v/s Bangladeshi Students ...

If not accurate, just an approximate number will solve my purpose ....

Thanks & Best Regards
Amit

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Ok. I don't have the answer you seek, but your Question has me intrigued!! Would you share the reason for your interest??

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
Pippin said:
Ok. I don't have the answer you seek, but your Question has me intrigued!! Would you share the reason for your interest??
Hi Pippin,

Glad to hear that from a Champion Member :)

I just wanted to analyze the selection pattern of Canadian Universities at Master's level. It may provide me a breakthrough in understanding the selection procedure in a better way ... Eventually selecting the right Universities for me :)

Thats all ...

Would love to hear anything on this from you ....

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
usually I have heard that a batch has about 90 students (but solely depends upon the program and university...some has more number of students and some has less). out of this 90 about 65 will be Canadian and remaining will be international ..ratios of indian/Chinese etc etc can t be exactly mentioned since it again depends on univ/college and particular province( Saskatchewan is targeted more by Indians while qubec more by pak_) ....hope it helps :)

tachyon.amit

Apr 1, 2013
arun_kumar said:
usually I have heard that a batch has about 90 students (but solely depends upon the program and university...some has more number of students and some has less). out of this 90 about 65 will be Canadian and remaining will be international ..ratios of indian/Chinese etc etc can t be exactly mentioned since it again depends on univ/college and particular province( Saskatchewan is targeted more by Indians while qubec more by pak_) ....hope it helps :)
Thanks for the info. Arun ... so you mean in a class of 90 students there are only 25 international students ?? is it so low ??

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
tachyon.amit said:
Thanks for the info. Arun ... so you mean in a class of 90 students there are only 25 international students ?? is it so low ??

Yup its basically that way...You can ask any advisor or counselor as well..... Some program has 20-25 intake for international students and some has 30-35 not more than that. Its actually less :-\

isandeepsingh

Apr 14, 2013
10 maximum. You might not be able to see any South Asian in your class maybe Chinese. Rest will be European and Americans.