+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

clarifications required on Generic Application and others

justry007

Nov 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

I would like to get the following clarified .

1) Is it Mandatory that the Generic Application form should be printed on a Bond Paperonly? I have read it somewhere like that , but I could not locate now where it is mentioned.

2) Is it mandatory to submit the reference letters of the current employer too , as current employer may be reluctant to provide the same?

3) My PCC Certificates are 1 year old now ..I have applied for fresh PCC now..Is it advisable to enclose the older PCC along with the CEC application and enclose a separate paper stating that I have applied for a fresh PCC and will send it in the due course ? If I have to send the fresh PCC individually, to which address I have to send?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks.

PR

surya1984in

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2014
Med's Request
02-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
19-Feb-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-15
LANDED..........
27-Jun-15
justry007 said:
Hi everyone,

I would like to get the following clarified .

1) Is it Mandatory that the Generic Application form should be printed on a Bond Paperonly? I have read it somewhere like that , but I could not locate now where it is mentioned.
I never heard of that :). The application guide on CIC website or the checklist has all the information and guidelines. I have printed mine on a A4 sheet :). They didn't complain of me not submitting it by a quality paper :p
2) Is it mandatory to submit the reference letters of the current employer too , as current employer may be reluctant to provide the same?
Yes, it is mandatory. But, there are some alternates mentioned in the checklist again. Ideally employers shouldn't have any problem in issuing a reference letter. They can't such common rights of employees.
3) My PCC Certificates are 1 year old now ..I have applied for fresh PCC now..Is it advisable to enclose the older PCC along with the CEC application and enclose a separate paper stating that I have applied for a fresh PCC and will send it in the due course ? If I have to send the fresh PCC individually, to which address I have to send?
Don't send the old one. Extra (Unnecessary documents) create confusion for them. If you have already received AOR, then you can send it to CPC-O via email by mentioning to add it to PR application. Else, wait for the AOR and then send it out.
Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thanks.

PR

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
justry007 said:

LOL, most photocopy and printer papers meet the definition of "bond." In any case, I've never seen a "paper type" requirement. Don't worry about it. Just don't use tissue paper : )

It depends - do you need to include that experience to qualify? If so, then yes, you need the letter. If you don't need the experience to qualify, you can simply write a letter of explanation.

Those PCCs are too old too squeak by. Just wait until you get your AOR and file number, then you can add them to your application. All files are processed at CPC-Ottawa (intake only at CIO-Sydney, once your application has been accepted for processing and you get your AOR, the file will be transferred to Ottawa. Address is on the CIC website.).