+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

clarification on applying job in Canada.

erisirene

Jan 5, 2009
Hi i'm from the philippines. I just went to an agency under POEA in manila. They were hiring caregivers.I am an RN here in the Phils but its ok if i'll be a caregiver if ever i'll be employed overseas. anyways, the agency told me and my friends that we have to first apply for LMO, and pay some amount for the procesing. after our LMO then that when we know our employer..

how much really do we need to spend in pesos or dollar???
I just need a simple explanation to these. especially maybe from those who has this situation who successfully arrived in canada. I just need some clarification, since the processing is somewhat different from other countries.

is there any situation that LMO is not granted???

how long does it take to be deployed to canada???

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Why do you want to work as a Nanny earning 8-9$ an hour when you can come in faster as a Nurse earning 25-28$ an hour as a Nurse under a PNP program such as ours,There are thousands of job openings,Is it because your english is not good enough for IELTS???Because I have always been wondering why the Filipinos like to come in as Nannies,when they can come in as nurses??Just thinking aloud

erisirene

Jan 5, 2009
TO BCGUY: I passed my IELTS already and has good grades my only problem is that i dont have experience here as a nurse in the philippines. and as what i know to be employed as a nurse in canda u need to have experience. its been a battle for me to search for a job here since there is really big growing number of nurses now here in our country. I also passed my NCLEX in california but because of retrogression in US there is nothing i can do, and i know it has nothing to do in canada also. now i wanted to work as a payback to my family.

the agency which iam interested said that they can hire me also as a nurse attendant in a hospital. and that they will sponsor for my canadian board exam for nurses or i supposed its the CRNE...

AND if there is really a possibility that i can be hired as NUrse and work my profession, then that would be way much better.... would there be??? how will i qualify if I enter as nUrse?? I am really eager to work... HELP!!!

erisirene

Jan 5, 2009
i want to know the processing in canada and how much will i spend to have LMO? since the agency said we need to spend certain amount for the processing of LMo.

thank you so much...

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
For starters the 2 years experience is required for nurses to get a temporary nursing license as a registered nurse,To get a temporary license as a practical nurse in BC earning less,about 20-23$ a hour,you only need tobe a graduate of RN with a license,Secondly We dont use LMO s because we dont want you to come into Canada as Temporary Foriegn Workers,We want you and your family to come in as Immigrants,We waive the application fee for Nurses Immigrating to BC under our PNP,We provide relocation bonuses up to 5,000 dollars to reimburse you for your airfare to Canada,Licensing costs etc,You can be placed in a job in about 1-2 days because of our demand for nurses,So I repeat IMMIGRATING to Canada under our PNP does not require a LMO,Does not have Placement fee because it is illegal,you pay licensing fees to a company like Future Search,Then reimburse what you paid to Future Search from your relocation bonus,Why do you want to spend money to become a Nanny?????Dont you want to Immigrate to Canada with your family????You will probably spend about 4,000-5,000 with all the costs to come to Canada,But you get a 5,000 dollar relocation bonus,So its virtually free,So Did you study nursing to become a Nanny???

erisirene

Jan 5, 2009
BCGUY thank you so much! I know being a nanny is somewhat degrading to my part but it left me no choice. but now you gave me this idea, maybe i can apply to be a practical nurse... how can i apply?? i did not see any agency here in the philippines that hire practical nurses....
i saw your link in my inbox but i dont understand some of the instructions?

first is that i dont know where is ugnayan foundation here in the phils, so i dont know where exactly to start?? and how long will it take to finish the process and the arrival in canada??

help BCGUY as i really wanted to work... thank you

imsummersky27

Nov 4, 2010
Hi BC guy!!! i'm a registered nurse in the phil and i would like to know about the provincial nominee program in BC. how is that? and the application? is it faster than applying as a skilled worker or applying for a temporary work permit? thanks!!1