+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claimant Refugee US child rejected , please help

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
Hello, any updates regarding your child’s PR application? I am in the same situation and not sure if they are going to process his PR with my application. Thank you!
They will process his pr in same time don’t worry
I received his G number after I received mine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, any updates regarding your child’s PR application? I am in the same situation and not sure if they are going to process his PR with my application. Thank you!
Family members included on PR application are processed after the protected person receives PR

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
Family members included on PR application are processed after the protected person receives PR
Your informations it’s not correct
Family members inside Canada different outside

and the health insurance for my son continue all informations you give above it’s not correct

even the school
Please don’t share any informations if you are not sure

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your informations it’s not correct
Family members inside Canada different outside

and the health insurance for my son continue all informations you give above it’s not correct

even the school
Please don’t share any informations if you are not sure
What type of healthcare is your child using? What province and are you working full-time? They should require a study permit to qualify for healthcare because otherwise they are in Canada without status and undocumented people don’t qualify for provincial health coverage. All of that determines whether your child will qualify for healthcare and sadly Canada doesn’t cancel coverage they tend to let it expire. Provinces are also often not knowledgeable about immigration can be based on lack knowledge. Many provinces will ask for the parent’s information and assume the child has legal status in Canada. Your child should require a study permit but some school boards ignore the legal requirements and are required sanctuary cities/school boards. All of which I have specified.

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
What type of healthcare is your child using? What province and are you working full-time? They should require a study permit to qualify for healthcare because otherwise they are in Canada without status and undocumented people don’t qualify for provincial health coverage. All of that determines whether your child will qualify for healthcare and sadly Canada doesn’t cancel coverage they tend to let it expire. Provinces are also often not knowledgeable about immigration can be based on lack knowledge. Many provinces will ask for the parent’s information and assume the child has legal status in Canada. Your child should require a study permit but some school boards ignore the legal requirements and are required sanctuary cities/school boards. All of which I have specified.
All informations you provide it not correct with respect

the federal insurance renewed automatically

They started processing his pr application same as time with us

about school they just ask about status of parents and he went to school normally

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
All informations you provide it not correct with respect

the federal insurance renewed automatically

They started processing his pr application same as time with us

about school they just ask about status of parents and he went to school normally
Hey pls share your pr timeline when did u applied when you got aor?

Onejourney

Oct 21, 2021
They will process his pr in same time don’t worry
I received his G number after I received mine
My dependents (kids)don't show up in the portal to confirm pr. When will they show up? Were your kids listed in the portal when confirming residence and photo or you had to wait?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dependents in Canada will be processed same time as Principal applicant and landed at the same time...If Family member is outside of Canada, then they will process In Canada Protected Principal applicant, once approved they'll move file oversea to process for any family members

Reactions: Newday8765

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't know about other province, but in BC if one parent has status, in this case Positive NOD then dependent minor is eligible for MSP ( Medical Coverage ). It also applies when enrolling a child to School through Ministry funded.

Reactions: Newday8765

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
My dependents (kids)don't show up in the portal to confirm pr. When will they show up? Were your kids listed in the portal when confirming residence and photo or you had to wait?
not listed because they will be in different systems but you will receive their G number in separate email
And if you call them you can check that

I speak if kids with you in Canada not outside

Onejourney

Oct 21, 2021
not listed because they will be in different systems but you will receive their G number in separate email
And if you call them you can check that

I speak if kids with you in Canada not outside
Yes the kids are in Canada. I wish they explained this . i will call them. Thanks so much.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
I don't know about other province, but in BC if one parent has status, in this case Positive NOD then dependent minor is eligible for MSP ( Medical Coverage ). It also applies when enrolling a child to School through Ministry funded.
I am in BC and I can confirm this as my child has MSP and also studying without any problems.

Reactions: Simba112

zeefox

May 9, 2023
@Aboje i see I allot of incorrect guidance you are receiving. I’m a protective person my American minor was always denied on my refugee claim. I will try to share what I know based on the important issue you brought up.
1) Health care- your child is eligible for health care, you need to apply for a study permit. I had a study permit issue for my son after his refugee case denial.
2) register for school- most provinces would allow to register based on parents status, if you put in for a study permit and have the submission letter you can use that along with your the partner documents and take the PR submission letter.
3) leaving the country - I’ve requested for my son passport back numerous of time and the indicated it won’t be return until he is PR.
I’m going yo make a bold move and will update on my findings as I’ve gotten multiple response from IRCC, CBSA and US boarder control. We are traveling yo the nearest US boarder by land for vacation. I have a US Visa since he’s under 16 he can travel between boarder with birth certificate and and ID.
I’ll update if I have any issues returning him to Canada. In the main time his passport is expiring in 3 months and I will be renewing his passport I spoke to US passport office and explain I do not have his old passport Canada immigration has it. They gave me steps on how to reapply for it.

reapply for passport- please speak to lawyer as ever situation is different and my son has dual citizenship in my home country aswell as the US. US gave me a form to fill out indicating that that passport is lost or stolen “ because I have request for the return of passport and have been denied the rights to get it back over that passed 1.5 years. “ the US will issue the passport back.
Please note requesting back it goes in an international database that will set alarm to Canada immigration. Since the processing time for refugee Dependent is 45 months. I’m more concern with my son having his identity as he will be preparing for university in the next two years and would have no need for Canada PR.

I hope this was a little helpful and if you need any help based on my personal experience I’m willing to share some insight.
Can you update on the status if you managed to travel to the US with your child and if he was able to get his passport and travel back to Canada?

appreciate if you detail what happened.