+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Claim Accepted -PR Question

Hellodear1

Apr 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

My claim has been accepted and now applying for PR. We are family of 4 but only i am protected person.

While filling application for my wife what should I write in this question.

How many family members including you are in this application?

Is it 1 or 3. I already listed kids on my application as dependent.

Thanks

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

My claim has been accepted and now applying for PR. We are family of 4 but only i am protected person.

While filling application for my wife what should I write in this question.

How many family members including you are in this application?

Is it 1 or 3. I already listed kids on my application as dependent.

Thanks
Congrats
Could you please share your Timeline?
Did you finally approved on file review process or short hearing?
Tnx.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
Thanks for the reply.

In my application I put 4.
I am asking about my wife application. Should I put 3 ( she and 2 kids) or only 1( herself).
is your wife a refugee too? if not she is also an dependent and is apart of your application with your kids not separate.

Hellodear1

Apr 16, 2019
is your wife a refugee too? if not she is also an dependent and is apart of your application with your kids not separate.
Thanks again. No she is not a refugee. I thought I had to send them separate application for each of us. Please explain.

Note: As of December 4, 2019, Protected Persons who apply for permanent residence in Canada and wish to include their dependent family members (spouses, partners, and dependent children) who reside outside of Canada, may also submit their completed application forms with their own completed application to the Case Processing

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
That is if they were outside of Canada. "who reside outside of Canada" may also submit their completed application forms with their own completed application to the Case Processing Centre - Mississauga.

Thanks again. No she is not a refugee. I thought I had to send them separate application for each of us. Please explain.

Note: As of December 4, 2019, Protected Persons who apply for permanent residence in Canada and wish to include their dependent family members (spouses, partners, and dependent children) who reside outside of Canada, may also submit their completed application forms with their own completed application to the Case Processing

Hellodear1

Apr 16, 2019
That is if they were outside of Canada. "who reside outside of Canada" may also submit their completed application forms with their own completed application to the Case Processing Centre - Mississauga.
So only one application is enough for all of us as we are all in Canada?

Reactions: Yuki.03

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone , when I saw the topic I feel that I have the same questions as this thread has..so o just received my notice of decision..I have 2 kids and they are both born Canadian and citizens..on my notice of decision paper me and my wife are both convention refugees..and all of my family are in Canada right now..so I’m preparing for or application ..but I feel stressed about filling the form..I had the best lawyer in my city and I have also a representer..they both says that you should fill the form with a professional ( in this case professionals are being themselves) since it’s so fragile and needs lots of attention..for sure they gonna ask for money to do it..I don’t care about money,but I know myself and I saw the imm00008 form that’s easy peasy..all the answers are on me..but now they say it and they made me nervous to fill it..I printed out all the application packages..here are my questions;
1-)my kids are already a citizen,should I mention them on the form ? Should I include them ? If I include them on which type dependent are they?
2-) as my wife also stated as a convention refugee ,should I fill a form separately for her? ( I am the main applicant ,she get that status because of my case )
3-) they get our passports at the beginning and still we don’t have them but they are valid,they ask about do we have a valid passport or travel document,should I say yes or no?beside those passports we don’t have any other passport or travel document or any other national identity document..
4-) is there someone to help me to fill this form ? I’m in Montreal
5-) should I pay the fees before filling the form?
6-) there’s scheduled background check forms should I fill them for me and my wife as well or just me ?
You know these questions,I’ll be really happy if you guys can help me out..thanks

C@nada2015

Jan 3, 2021
Hi, i am filling my PR application as a protected person. I have a question- in a generic application form, there is question (10)- current country of residence. If an answer to status is Protected person that what dates should i fill.
Would it be from the date i received my notice of decision and to what date? I am just confused.

or do i mention my work permit details?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i am filling my PR application as a protected person. I have a question- in a generic application form, there is question (10)- current country of residence. If an answer to status is Protected person that what dates should i fill.
Would it be from the date i received my notice of decision and to what date? I am just confused.

or do i mention my work permit details?
Date on the NOD would be the date when you received protected person status.