June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Karlshammar said:
I would dispute the charge with the credit card company/bank and advise them you were never sent the goods you ordered. They should be able to reverse the charge for you.
My finance is working on that. I just don't want anyone else disappointed like this Karl. It's hard enough on the heart as it is. I was once called naive and was told it was an insult. That may be, but it keeps proving true, even with me being an educated relatively successful career person. I always expect people to be honest and do their best.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I know what you mean. It really sucks, too, because wedding rings are such a major thing.

I don't think expecting to get what you pay for is the slightest bit naive, by the way.

tgchi13 said:
My finance is working on that. I just don't want anyone else disappointed like this Karl. It's hard enough on the heart as it is. I was once called naive and was told it was an insult. That may be, but it keeps proving true, even with me being an educated relatively successful career person. I always expect people to be honest and do their best.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Thank you Karl. I never thought trust equalled naive before either.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
:( :( :( I am very saddened to hear about your rings... that's some of the worst news. I understand expenses all too well as of late dealing with a wedding and immigration all in one. I wish you the best of luck and a quick rebound!

untitled

Aug 27, 2009
My husband and I got married in my mothers livingroom. We had 5 guests my mom, sister, two children and nephew. We used a commisioner who cost $100 and spent $2000 on flowers and decorations, my mom provided the food.

Our application for PR was submiited through London July 27th and approved December 12. My husband lands on January 9th. As long as you have a proof your sponsorship is sincere CIC doesn't care how much you spend in the wedding.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
I agree that the amount of money you spend on your wedding is trivial. If income doesn't matter for either spouse or applicant, clearly this is a non-issue.

Sometimes couples recieve "red flags" when they are married without any family about. Untitled, you saidy ou had your mom, sister, two children and nephew so at least some family was there. What it comes down to is if you have a simple courthouse wedding it doesn't mean automatic refusal. If you have a huge wedding with 200 people it doesn't mean automatic acceptance.

Like everything else within the application, it's about how well you present it and all of the proofs combined. If the wedding is without any family members, perhaps include evidence where family members were about during the relationship/marriage. That will help ease the "red flag" scenerio.

Congrats on your husbands approval, untitled!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We had a wedding at city hall with 8 guests and no family. I got my PR without an interview.

canirish

Jan 12, 2010
Everyone on this site is sooo amazing and helpful!!!!!!!!! i love the cheap wedding ideas and all the great advice!!! i feel so much better now that i have other people to talk to that are in the same situation as me