+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Civil Engineering - Diploma

Rex2020

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All,

I'm currently a civil engineering graduate from the Philippines (4 years equivalent canada standards) and currently have 3 years of experience as a structural engineer. I'm thinking of studying in Canada for a diploma (2 year course) but I'm not sure what to get. Are civil engineering technicians or the carpentry courses worthwhile because those are the most common ones in Toronto and Niagara(because i have family relatives there)? This is considering I'm aiming for PR status in the future.

Many thanks

Jash619

Dec 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
STUDY
Hey i've done my bachelors in Civil Engineering. A civil technician's course is a diploma that people do before their bachelor's ( then transferring those credits to their bachelors in civil ). As you already have a Bachelors in Civil, it might lead to a refusal hence its my advice that if you have 3 years experience you should go for a masters not a civil engineering technician course or else for a Post Graduate Ontario Certificate course

Rex2020

Jan 4, 2021
Hey i've done my bachelors in Civil Engineering. A civil technician's course is a diploma that people do before their bachelor's ( then transferring those credits to their bachelors in civil ). As you already have a Bachelors in Civil, it might lead to a refusal hence its my advice that if you have 3 years experience you should go for a masters not a civil engineering technician course or else for a Post Graduate Ontario Certificate course
My problem with masters is it's really expensive. As for thr certificate courses, most of what ive researched are just 1 year courses unless is it possible to do 2 1 year courses then get a PGWP afterwards?