+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIVIL ENGINEERING / CONSTRUCTION FIELD

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there guys.
I am planning on moving to Canada next year (August probably) as a PR.
At the time I will have worked as Civil Engineer in my country for almost 4 years and I will have concluded my MBA on Project Management.

As I know it is very hard to get my graduation validated there, I would like to ask you guys what do you think would be the best way to find my way into the Canadian Labour Market?

As I wish to live in Toronto I am having a look in George Brown College courses, and I found these three courses that interest me:

- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (T164) - (03 years - 06 semesters)

- CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (T105) - (03 years - 06 semesters)

- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (FOR INTERNATIONALLY EDUCATED PROFESSIONALS)
PROGRAM (POSTGRADUATE) (T403) (01 year - 03 semesters)

I found the last one very interesting but I dont know if with it I can really work in my field.

Is there anyone who works in the Civil Engineering / Construction field?

Please, if you guys can give me an advice.

Thanks in advance.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Go for last one or M.Eng. from university.

smlrch

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the answer Ttrajan.

Do you think with the last one I will be able to find jobs in the field?

The problem for the M.Eng is that the course is to long, and probably one do not have time to work while studying.

LOKESHBABU

Mar 26, 2016
Hi my friend I complete this course way back in 2010 period. But unfortunately I came back to India due to some personal issues. In this course there will be 3 semesters and by the end of second semester you can be applying for jobs and there will be a placement coordinator to guide you and even the coordinator will be forwarding you some job postings and co-op opportunity's as well.

If you can really impress the interviewer then you might have a chance to get placed or for a short term co-op. If you get a co-op then you can expect a job in near future and if you can't find the job after your 2nd semester. They would give you a course work and its need to be completed and that's it you can come out of the college and you can search for a job. But people will get job with in 6 months but you need to work pretty hard on networking.......................................... and on your language if you are not an English speaker :'(. This was the main issues with me when I started to attend for the interview's.

Finally I would like to say that if you have PR go for the course and if you are a international student better go for 2 years continued course.....cheers ;D

+974-70113965 is my whatsapp number if you have any query please feel free and have a wonderful future

Reactions: Jacobscreek