+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship timeline from Ottawa

arahimidris

Jan 19, 2014
Hello ,

Any one want to share citizenship application time from Ottawa ?

Sent application on Oct 10th 2013
They mailed Ack letter on Dec 10th 2013. ( per website , mail got lost ) .
Called CIC and got the file number .

Waiting for test date

Regards,
AR

Mike15

Feb 4, 2014
Application received Oct 2012, processing Feb 5, 2013, and I got my test invite sent out Dec 17 for Jan 8, 2014. Hang in there, you still have a bit of a wait.

y_usel

Jan 22, 2014
Hello guys! I'm from Ottawa and this is my current timeline:

Application received: November 4, 2013

Started to process: December 18, 2013

Got AOR: January 15, 2014

I'm 22 years old, student at University of Ottawa, work part-time and don't travel a lot. (I was absent 2 weeks out of 3.5 years since I moved to Canada), so I hope they will not send me a RQ ;)

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applied in august
file came back on 16th oct because wallmart did not stamp the pictures :(
went to sears same day and got new pictures taken ,
return all the documents with new snaps in oct 21

nov 21 file was accepted and under process

since then nothing , no update from ottawa office at all .
called cic just to make sure in feb 2014 - lady was nice enough to tell me that, there are no other questions needs answering, no queries etc...i will get my test date anytime before august 2014 :(
i was not happy with the answer but i am cool , and waiting as i do not have any plans to go anywhere before citizenship anyways . i live near to NY boarder and five minutes away from massena NY .

ottawa is always busy and there must be the reason why they have back log , rumours are one of their best citizenship judge died recently and one goes back and forth between montreal and ottawa or something . not many people who can clear backlog ATM .

other then that --its all luck
carpe diem folks!

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Hi Everyone!

Just found this group forum! I am also in Ottawa as well! Been here since 2004, I applied on March 5th, 2014, they received the application on March 7th, Mailed back the document on the 13th, I received on the 14th, but just checked my mail yesterday March 25th and noticed I received the application back. I had to redo the dates and incorporate the new details since today so now I have a total of 1122 days and 93 days of abstinences for the past 4 years.

I mailed everything *SIGNED* today (March 26th) with a 1-2 day delivery, so they should be getting it at least by Friday and now restarting the application again from zero (~3 weeks lost!!!)

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm sharing my outline.
Arrived fairly young in Canada in 96 as an high school
school student, I did all my studies in Canada. Last trip outside was in 2006 and been working FT since 2008.

Applied for Citizenship on Nov 9 and according to ecas they received my application on November 12 and sent acknowledge receipt. On February 3, I received the said letter, with book to study.

Days back I got another letter from Toronto asking me to provide them my Fingerprinting which was done on June 21.