+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Europe26

Nov 1, 2012
Hi ukmike57, overall the whole process is very slow compared to other parts of the country, but they are picking up. I think it is just a matter of time to be able to clear the backlog.
It is worth going public and speaking about the delays, the only thing is that they still use the "24 month" processing time as a shield to escape responsibility. In other offices, especially out East, applications are being finalized in 7 to 8 months from beginning to end which is so unfair when we are paying the same fees, living in the same country, and applying under the same law.

ukmike57

Dec 30, 2014
Hi Europe26, I know exactly what you mean and the geographical difference has always been an irritant; but at least something I could rationalize due to staffing and volume. The current situattion though drives me insane, whilst I am happy for those that are getting booked to their oath ceremonies, I do not understand and nobody at CIC can tell me why I am still waiting for an oath ceremony while those who took the test in November or December are booked for theirs. According to CIC I was good to go for a ceremony on Ocober 24th, so why the wait. And please dont get me started on the 24 month thing, it now seems to be used as a target to avoid a follow up from the CIC rather than a guide for us applicants; it is most telling to me that they do not provide more detailed statistics like modal average, mean average of the 80% and both these by processing centre.

It is this article http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/about_us/mandate/citizenship.asp that leads me to believe there is a push to complete as many of the earlier applications as they can and leave those who are close to the two years as long as they can as their statistics will not be impacted as positively

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More than one citizenship officer at the Edmonton office has confirmed to me that the push is indeed to process the most straightforward routine applications first.

You have a message, ukmike57.

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
bambino said:
More than one citizenship officer at the Edmonton office has confirmed to me that the push is indeed to process the most straightforward routine applications first.

You have a message, ukmike57.
any change you are going to attend the feb 16th ceremony, would love to meet you.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
ewewz said:
I've received test letter. Timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: January 3, 2014
Process started: March 3, 2014
Citizenship test: February 19, 2015
That's fast for Edmonton :) Goodluck on your test! Please update us what will happen and when you are going for the oath ceremony.

ewewz

Mar 7, 2014
Thanks! I will post updates as this forum is very helpful and informative for me even from before when I was still a PR applicant. I'm also surprised that I got the scheduled test earlier than expected. My friend who have an application process November 2013 didn't receive test invite yet. Though mine is single application and hers is family so I guess Bambino is right that straightforward applications are processed first.

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
ewewz said:
Thanks! I will post updates as this forum is very helpful and informative for me even from before when I was still a PR applicant. I'm also surprised that I got the scheduled test earlier than expected. My friend who have an application process November 2013 didn't receive test invite yet. Though mine is single application and hers is family so I guess Bambino is right that straightforward applications are processed first.
I think application are generally being processed faster with the officers able to make decisions about application. My application have similar timelines to yours - Processing started late Oct 2013, Test in Dec 2014 and Oath Feb 2015. And personally, I expected my file to be thrown into non-routine bin because of my gazillion travels and long stays in the USA. I was able to explain to the officer at the interview, had no stamp in my passport to cross check to my residence calculations, so she said she will use the CBSA report. Hopefully the trend continues . . .

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
Hi, I applied on March 26, 2014. Received by Sydney office March 28. In process May 8. There was no ecas update when it was transferred to Edmonton. Based on this forum , I understand my test invite will be not sooner than april or may. The question I have is , can I still expect RQ now? Or most people who gets RQ normally gets them within certain period of their initial application date? I used to live in the States before I became PR in Edmonton on June 8, 2010 after that I returned back to States. In november 2010 I came to Edmonton only for 2 days for an interview with the company. Its so weird that when I returned back to States there was no entry stamp on my passport which shows that I returned back to States. After I got the job in this same company, I gave the originals of my itenary, boarding pass and hotel receipt for reimbursements , but I have the duplicate copies of each with me. Will these be enough if they want me to validate this trip even if there is no document on the passport? Anyone having similar situations , please advise. Thanks Much

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
Neel09 said:
Hi, I applied on March 26, 2014. Received by Sydney office March 28. In process May 8. There was no ecas update when it was transferred to Edmonton. Based on this forum , I understand my test invite will be not sooner than april or may. The question I have is , can I still expect RQ now? Or most people who gets RQ normally gets them within certain period of their initial application date? I used to live in the States before I became PR in Edmonton on June 8, 2010 after that I returned back to States. In november 2010 I came to Edmonton only for 2 days for an interview with the company. Its so weird that when I returned back to States there was no entry stamp on my passport which shows that I returned back to States. After I got the job in this same company, I gave the originals of my itenary, boarding pass and hotel receipt for reimbursements , but I have the duplicate copies of each with me. Will these be enough if they want me to validate this trip even if there is no document on the passport? Anyone having similar situations , please advise. Thanks Much
Your question is kind of ... not clear, when exactly did you come to Canada to live? Nov 2010 after your interview? Do you meet the number of days and year required to live in Canada to qualify for citizenship? If you meet all the requirements, you should not bother with RQ for now. You can request the CBP entry information online to keep for test interview. The no US entry stamp issue will come up during the interview and as long as you can explain it, the officer would have check (hopefully) your CBSA report, so you should be fine - all things being equal.

In my case, I travelled several times between Canada and US for work and family visits after PR with no stamp on US or Canada ends and got no RQ.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
notalawyer said:
Your question is kind of ... not clear, when exactly did you come to Canada to live? Nov 2010 after your interview? Do you meet the number of days and year required to live in Canada to qualify for citizenship? If you meet all the requirements, you should not bother with RQ for now. You can request the CBP entry information online to keep for test interview. The no US entry stamp issue will come up during the interview and as long as you can explain it, the officer would have check (hopefully) your CBSA report, so you should be fine - all things being equal.

In my case, I travelled several times between Canada and US for work and family visits after PR with no stamp on US or Canada ends and got no RQ.
Thanks for your reply. So it is not uncommon to have no stamps for US entry. I returned back on Dec 17, 2010 permanently to live in Edmonton. I met the number of days when I applied on March 26, 2014 . I need to find the website to request for this CBP entry information. My pr card is expiring on coming June 8 and I have to apply to renew it. I am thinking as I apply for pr, I will get myself ready for the citizenship interview. But knowing that the possibility to get RQ at this stage being dimmer makes me bit comfortable. Thanks a lot again.

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
Neel09 said:
Thanks for your reply. So it is not uncommon to have no stamps for US entry. I returned back on Dec 17, 2010 permanently to live in Edmonton. I met the number of days when I applied on March 26, 2014 . I need to find the website to request for this CBP entry information. My pr card is expiring on coming June 8 and I have to apply to renew it. I am thinking as I apply for pr, I will get myself ready for the citizenship interview. But knowing that the possibility to get RQ at this stage being dimmer makes me bit comfortable. Thanks a lot again.
Hey friend, don't die before the death :)
If you did not use I94 at US border, you can make a request here for the US CBP report here https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/home
But if you used I94 here is a link you can get your report https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
That's fast for Edmonton :) Goodluck on your test! Please update us what will happen and when you are going for the oath ceremony.
Hi IamAlbertan,

My timeline is almost close to you. :)

Citizenship - Single Application
Local Office - Edmonton

App Sent: February 10, 2014
App Received by Sydney office: February 12, 2014
AOR and Processed: March 28, 2014
Application Transferred to local office: April 30, 2014

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have anybody who has provided RQ documents after test to Edmonton office and is waiting? I want to get some timeline on this.

Thanks

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
ewewz said:
I've received test letter. Timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: January 3, 2014
Process started: March 3, 2014
Citizenship test: February 19, 2015
Hi ewewz,

Could you please share the below info :)

When was your test date posted?After you received the letter from the Edmonton office or before you receive?And how long do you have time for your test date from the date you received the letter or test date posted?