+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

2c

Star Member
May 19, 2008
ukmike57 said:
2c - what is your "swag" and when did you do yuour test?
my SWAG is 2 more months and my test was on nov 27 2k14

by the way I called cic and they told me that my ceremony is on 16th feb.

batoum

Mar 26, 2013
I recieved the letter for the oath yesterday. I applied with my two kids, they are now with their mother outside of canada and they will not attend the cermony. I have two questions guys.
1- is it mandatory that my kids attend the cermony. Both of them are under 14 years old (8 and 5 years old).
2- In the letter, they asked to bring their passports and these documents are not with me since they are travelling. Should I ask my wife to send the passports by post.

Your help, guys, is very much appreciated.

George1978

Feb 1, 2015
I am not sure whether they will allow sending passport by post.Most of the postal department or courier wont do that.May be some one from your country can hand over that.Its more safe for your kids to be here for oath.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
batoum said:
I recieved the letter for the oath yesterday. I applied with my two kids, they are now with their mother outside of canada and they will not attend the cermony. I have two questions guys.
1- is it mandatory that my kids attend the cermony. Both of them are under 14 years old (8 and 5 years old).
2- In the letter, they asked to bring their passports and these documents are not with me since they are travelling. Should I ask my wife to send the passports by post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-send-passport-for-pr-stamping-from-outside-of-canada-to-cic-t162710.0.html

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
batoum said:

Congrats on the letter Batoum, what day is your oath?

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
My dates are as below

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 1, 2014.

Does anybody has idea when can I receive test for citizenship application. I'm from Edmonton

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Europe26 said:
They are currently sending test invites to December 2013 applicants.
Europe26,

I was wondering how do you came to know this? Do you have a friend who applied in December and got a test invite?

Thanks

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Europe26 said:
Yes, that's correct. I believe most of the Dec 2013 applicants will receive their test invites this month.
My husband applied in July of 2013 and has not heard anything yet!

I think there is no specific order for applications in Edmonton.

ewewz

Mar 7, 2014
I've received test letter. Timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: January 3, 2014
Process started: March 3, 2014
Citizenship test: February 19, 2015

notalawyer

Star Member
Jul 23, 2007
I was wondering how do you came to know this? Do you have a friend who applied in December and got a test invite?

Thanks
[/quote]

I received oath invite, tested early Dec

Europe26

Nov 1, 2012
That's the first time in a very long time Edmonton applicants start to receive their test invites in almost a year from the date they apply. Edmonton office is moving at a fast pace now.

ukmike57

Dec 30, 2014
Hi Europe26, I just wish the same could be said for booking oath ceremonies, I passed my test on October 24th and I have been told by the CIC that there is absolutely nothing pending; yet I still have not received an invitation to attend an oath ceremony. It is almost as though their drive is to increase the numbers for processing 2014 files (or under 12 months processing) and for those of us that are near the 2 year processing mark will wait as that does not make their numbers look any better. I have already contacted my MP and will be stating my theory as publicly as I possibly can unless I have an oath ceremony booked within the next two weeks.