+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Sm229

Nov 23, 2014
Does anyone know how long the oath ceremony takes in edmonton? My letter says to arrive by 11 am but I have no idea when we would be able to get out.

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
cute said:
you will get a letter for oath. but you can call cic in advance and check your status. i called on friday agent told me that my oath scheduled for dec 9th but i didnt a letter so far . my online status not showing anything about oath. they posted a letter on nov.19th so i will get my letter next week some time.
do you know CIC's number?

Chullips

Nov 23, 2012
Sm229 said:
Does anyone know how long the oath ceremony takes in edmonton? My letter says to arrive by 11 am but I have no idea when we would be able to get out.
They require you to be there an hour before the scheduled ceremony. In your case I guess the ceremony will takes place at 12 noon. Be there before that time as requested. It will be a 2 hour from start to finish.

Sm229

Nov 23, 2014
Chullips said:
They require you to be there an hour before the scheduled ceremony. In your case I guess the ceremony will takes place at 12 noon. Be there before that time as requested. It will be a 2 hour from start to finish.
Would that be 2 hours from 11 AM or 12 noon?

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
solvay said:
Dear cute:

Did you took test on Oct 21, and invited to the citizenship ceremony on Dec 9, how fast it is, but congratulations.
today i got my letter finally :)
generally it will take 6 weeks after test but if they need any additional docs it will take long

solvay

Nov 18, 2014
cute said:
today i got my letter finally :)
generally it will take 6 weeks after test but if they need any additional docs it will take long
Can you share the complete application timeline?

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
solvay said:
Can you share the complete application timeline?
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 7, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 7, 2013.
We started processing your application on April 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on September 23, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM.

Oath is on Dec.9th.2014

Ram.

umme

Jun 6, 2011
solvay said:
I heard exact the same with you. But I think this is a routine official reply.

Umme, please let us know if you received an oath invitaion letter.
Thanks solvay. I'll post a message when I receive information from CIC. Our timeline is similar, therefore, oath invitation may be closer.