+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Refund Problem

yanggnay

Aug 28, 2014
My mother and I applied for citizenship a few months ago. Then she decided to postpone and withdraw her application. So I emailed IPRMS-SIGPR @ cic.gc.ca as indicated on CIC's website. I requested only a $400 refund and stated my reason in the original email, but now I received $800 refund on my credit card which means my application won't be processed either. Is there anything I can do to make sure my application get processed on time? thanks for all the helps
I am adult, too. We have separated application for adults. I paid the fee for both of us through my credit card, so there was only one receipt.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Were you included in her application?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yanggnay said:
My mother and I applied for citizenship a few months ago. Then she decided to postpone and withdraw her application. So I emailed IPRMS-SIGPR @ cic.gc.ca as indicated on CIC's website. I requested only a $400 refund and stated my reason in the original email, but now I received $800 refund on my credit card which means my application won't be processed either. Is there anything I can do to make sure my application get processed on time? thanks for all the helps
I am adult, too. We have separated application for adults. I paid the fee for both of us through my credit card, so there was only one receipt.
When you make a payment with your cc. you can't ask to refund a part of it, you can only cancel the whole transaction and that's what they did. Now what you need to do is make another payment for your application and send your receipt with a cover letter explaining what happened.

yanggnay

Aug 28, 2014
Thanks. or maybe I should just wait till they return my application, and then I'll pay again. I don't want to make any more fuzz on this matter again because they might return my application saying I didn't pay for it while my new receipt is on the way to them.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goldline said:
When you make a payment with your cc. you can't ask to refund a part of it, you can only cancel the whole transaction and that's what they did. Now what you need to do is make another payment for your application and send your receipt with a cover letter explaining what happened.
As the OPs payment has been refunded, she is probably going to find that CIC cancelled her citizenship application as well, since they didn't get paid.

laithawda

Oct 8, 2014
Hi;
Kindly on 18 Sept I receive letters from CIC that mentioned:

[You are eligible to receive a refund of your processing fees for this application. Our financial office has
been notified; please be patient as this procedure may take several weeks.]

The payment is 400$ for four cases but one of them accepted and the three other are unable to process as their letter and must be refund (300$).
Should I request the refund or it is automatically will be refund.

Your support is highly appreciated.

laithawda

Oct 8, 2014
Hi;
Kindly on 18 Sept I receive letters from CIC that mentioned:

[You are eligible to receive a refund of your processing fees for this application. Our financial office has
been notified; please be patient as this procedure may take several weeks. ]

The payment is 400$ for four cases but one of them accepted and the three other are unable to process as their letter that must be refund (300$)
Should I request the refund or it is automatically will be refund.
Your support is highly appreciated.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
It is already approved as mentioned in the letter. You just have to wait but If you paid by a credit card expect a full refund of 400$ and return of all four applications together. Then you have to resubmit everything as you needed.
If you paid by financial institution/bank they will send you 300$ refund cheque and will process one application.

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
Sir, Madam,

I have an application with Citizenship and Immigration Canada currently in process. I (my name) (payer) made a payment of $ 550.00 (processing fee) at BMO on (Road name) through IMM 5401 form. Unfortunately, the bank made a mistake by sending CIC the client copy which was supposed to be given to the client to send along with an application.
Afterwards, we asked the bank whether this transaction is correct then the bank official said it is incorrect and we will reverse this transaction. Hence, they made a second transaction for correction. As per bank official the reversal transaction has not been reversed.
For this purpose if you can reverse the first transaction for the amount of 550 Canadian Dollars which is sent by mistake. The amount was paid June 23, 2014 and the receipt code is (code number).
The bank has asked me to submit a request for reversal the first transaction which had been sent by mistake. This way the bank will balance their books.
Thank you for your cooperation

Sincerely,
--------------
This was the letter i emailed to IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca on sept 25, 2014 then no reply after that i faxed them the same letter and still no rely. The bank is asking me to bring the $ 550.00 (refund check from cic and i give it to the bank but cic is not replying to anything)
What can I do, it's really frustrating to deal with ???
Member's feedback is appreciated :(