+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Q9b - Calculating implied status

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Why put two temporary worker drop downs when you can't even mention implied status on any of it? So, how would the officers know which one is implied?

You re saying I am better off putting exact dates? So, you re saying I put my study permit until August, 2015 instead of May 31st, 2015? But I filled the other form by putting the date as 31st, 2015 because I applied for PGWP on 1st June?

I am so confused now? Should I overlap the dates? Can you please elaborate?
In the physical presence calculator, I put two temporary workers. In the actual application form which asks you to list time spent prior to becoming PR, I also put two temporary workers and in brackets put (implied status) for one of them.
I just made sure the dates on the calculator matched the dates on the application form.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
One of the reasons I also put overlapped dates, was to account for every single month, that way there was no question that I had legal status every single month. The question in the application form asks for "date status expired" so I wrote when the permit was expiring. Up to you what you choose to put, but make sure all the dates match on everything and there's no ambiguity.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
One of the reasons I also put overlapped dates, was to account for every single month, that way there was no question that I had legal status every single month. The question in the application form asks for "date status expired" so I wrote when the permit was expiring. Up to you what you choose to put, but make sure all the dates match on everything and there's no ambiguity.
Thanks for the explanation. So, you re saying that I can put exact dates of the study/work permit expiration (the actual date on the paper copy of permits) and also have an entry for implied status which overlaps the study permit dates but it also explains the waiting period for work permit.

I think this makes sense. But does this mean i put actual date for work permit expiry as well or no? My work permit was dated to be expired in 2018 but I got my PR in 2017?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks for the explanation. So, you re saying that I can put exact dates of the study/work permit expiration (the actual date on the paper copy of permits) and also have an entry for implied status which overlaps the study permit dates but it also explains the waiting period for work permit.

I think this makes sense. But does this mean i put actual date for work permit expiry as well or no? My work permit was dated to be expired in 2018 but I got my PR in 2017?
Only for the PGWP did I put the expiry date as day before I became PR. This was to match the question on the first page of the application and physical presence calculator that asks for the date you became PR.
And I think the border patrol officer who processed my landing scratched across my WP visa, nullifying it.

And you’re right, for the study permit, I put date of issue even if it was a year before my eligibility period began because that’s the day I became a student.

Good luck!

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
So here is the final version that I have and please have a look and let me know, PR date on landing is : 2017-05-14

Physical Presence Calculator :

FROM TO TYPE
2014-07-25 2015-08-31 Student

2015-06-01 2015-10-15 Temporary Worker -- cannot put implied here because no option

2015-10-16 2017-05-13 Temporary Worker

does this look good to you?

Also, did you put the latest first(worker to student) or like the one I have mentioned above (student to worker)?

I have same entries in my application form as well , the only change is I have added (Implied Status) in brackets.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Only for the PGWP did I put the expiry date as day before I became PR. This was to match the question on the first page of the application and physical presence calculator that asks for the date you became PR.
And I think the border patrol officer who processed my landing scratched across my WP visa, nullifying it.

And you’re right, for the study permit, I put date of issue even if it was a year before my eligibility period began because that’s the day I became a student.

Good luck!
So here is the final version that I have and please have a look and let me know, PR date on landing is : 2017-05-14

FROM TO TYPE

2015-06-01 2015-10-15 Temporary Worker -- cannot put implied here because no option

Also, did you put the latest first(worker to student) or like the one I have mentioned above (student to worker)?

I have same entries in my application form as well , the only change is I have added (Implied Status) in brackets.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Looks good to me. For Q9b, I believe it states "please list them below, starting with the most recent", so you would have to reverse the order there.

FROM TO TYPE

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
In form CIT0002 , Question 15: Language Evidence:

a) Do you have proof of knowledge of English or French ? answered YES (I will attach my expired IELTS score).

Did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1, 2008 to October 31, 2012? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY HERE, YES or NO? I was in my home country during this period and was doing my bachelors. I came to Canada in 2013 as a student.

Can you please help me understand what should I do here?

Thanks.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Looks good to me. For Q9b, I believe it states "please list them below, starting with the most recent", so you would have to reverse the order there.

a) Do you have proof of knowledge of English or French ? answered YES (I will attach my expired IELTS score).

Did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1, 2008 to October 31, 2012? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY HERE, YES or NO? I was in my home country during this period and was doing my bachelors. I came to Canada in 2013 as a student.

Thanks.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015

Thanks.
You answered your own question. You’re attaching your proof of language. If you didn’t take the other test you would obviously tick the No box.

Reactions: joe9kah