+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Processing Time for Montrealers!!

Andy79

Jan 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who could help me have a estimation for how long the whole process does take?

Is there any difference between the provinces?
I sent mine from Montreal and heard that recently the processing time has become slightly shorter.
I sent my application on December 10th, 2012.
Thank you so very much :)

Andy

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Montreal is slow-- a year or more just to get to "in process".

Check out this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E&type=view&gid=4&f=true&colid0=1&filterstr0=Montr%C3%A9al&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
I waited about 19 months and my file had no issues, in the sense that they did not require additional documents...just long waiting.

Canuck2b

Nov 29, 2011
My file took 14 1/2 months to be in process. I applied beginning of October 2011, and it is in process since middle of December 2012.

I have never left the country since my arrival, no foreign visa's and not even a day trip to the US. A Job at the same company since my arrival, and bought a house with my Canadian wife, but it is still a slow process.

Since all the other Quebec offices closed it made it even slower with all of the files transferred to Montreal.

Good luck, and much patience.

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
i have been waiting more than 3 years i applied since November 2009 , i got RQ before test and still waiting i traveled several times to my country for family visit, i think CIC they don't want immigrants travel outside Canada , and deprive you of your right to acquire a citizenship ,even your personal life became theirs, i called my MP several times the last time said unfortunately that immigrants do not have any value when the government and they're for her just benefit,and that this situation will remain based , until you change the current government and its policy so be patient guys.

Andy79

Jan 14, 2013
Thank you FLYBEST1
Do you Have any idea that how long more should you since you got RQ?

Thanks.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
they said there's no delay for RQ Montreal. I had my exam. I think the lady that checked my documents was not too nice..she was taking 30 min on some people and I forgot about a 4 day visit to USA, though I supplied copies of my passports and not hidding anything. I have a lot of documets to prepare for RQ , it will take me more than 10 days to gather them. After that they said they have to check/verify them and let me know. I will call them after they receive the file..I hope it's not too long b/c my file is fine, working full time in financa in 5 consecutive years here,filled taxes etc no other issues...we shall see..i'm sure it will take them a few months...it took them 2 months from the exam to send me a RQ...

Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys,

glad to join this forum!

I just noticed 2 days ago that they started processing my application on Jan 15 2013 (I was not expecting it though at this time).

here are my dates that can be used to update this nice timeline sheet (I'm not sure who updates it):

application sent: Dec 12 2011
E-cas Shows received: Jan 16 2012
E-cas shows in process: Jan 15 2013

updates will follow...

milois

Feb 26, 2013
My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 25, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 25, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2013.

I'm going to work as ex-pat for a canadian company from April 2013 (coming every six weeks to Montreal, and staying there 2 weeks). My wife will stay in Montreal, so we will pay Federal/Quebec taxes as usual...(she has the same timeline as me). In CIC page they recommend that we should call them if we will be outside the country...will it delay the process much more, even if I am not going to move the exam dates? any recommendation?