+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Everything Changed to "Completed" expected "Citizenship ceremony" on 21st October. In the Interview they had already told me that most likely you will receive Oath invite for November.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I just checked the tracker and it says I have an interview but I am out of the country on the interview day. Does anyone know how long it will take to reschedule

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I just checked the tracker and it says I have an interview but I am out of the country on the interview day. Does anyone know how long it will take to reschedule
Assuming the interview is online, you don't have to reschedule. You just have to tell them you are outside the country and you can take the interview from there.

Also it will be helpful if you tell them your expected return date or if you don't have a foreseeable return date, you can say you'll be available for oath with two weeks of notice (or whatever period you are comfortable with).

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Assuming the interview is online, you don't have to reschedule. You just have to tell them you are outside the country and you can take the interview from there.

Also it will be helpful if you tell them your expected return date or if you don't have a foreseeable return date, you can say you'll be available for oath with two weeks of notice (or whatever period you are comfortable with).
Yes I am hoping it is online as well. Hopefully I get the instructions next week before I leave. Do I have to email and tell them before or just during the interview?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Yes I am hoping it is online as well. Hopefully I get the instructions next week before I leave. Do I have to email and tell them before or just during the interview?
If you're taking the test online, it has specific instructions on how to inform the local office that you are outside.

If you see similar instructions for this interview invite, you can follow that otherwise you can either:
1. send an email to them as a response that you will be traveling and you can still attend (emphasize this so they don't think you're asking to cancel) or
2. During the interview itself you can tell them you're traveling for a short duration and when you will be back in Canada. Some offices might put your application on hold if you're outside thats why you need to proactively tell the return date.

Even if it's an in-person interview just know that rescheduling might put you back in the waiting line so decide accordingly.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
If you're taking the test online, it has specific instructions on how to inform the local office that you are outside.

If you see similar instructions for this interview invite, you can follow that otherwise you can either:
1. send an email to them as a response that you will be traveling and you can still attend (emphasize this so they don't think you're asking to cancel) or
2. During the interview itself you can tell them you're traveling for a short duration and when you will be back in Canada. Some offices might put your application on hold if you're outside thats why you need to proactively tell the return date.

Even if it's an in-person interview just know that rescheduling might put you back in the waiting line so decide accordingly.
Will do. I am a Nov 2020 applicant so I don't think it could be more pushed back and delayed than it is right now. They gave me a week an a half notice and I leave this week, there's no way I can cancel my trip now.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Will do. I am a Nov 2020 applicant so I don't think it could be more pushed back and delayed than it is right now. They gave me a week an a half notice and I leave this week, there's no way I can cancel my trip now.
Wow.

As far as I could tell from recent posts, many of those with 2020 timelines are being called for an in person interview and they do some quick passport check (probably as a way to justify their delays) and given the oath the same day. Especially the Toronto area offices.

If it happens to be in person and you have to cancel, make sure to follow up on a regular basis after returning.

whats your office

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Wow.

As far as I could tell from recent posts, many of those with 2020 timelines are being called for an in person interview and they do some quick passport check (probably as a way to justify their delays) and given the oath the same day. Especially the Toronto area offices.

If it happens to be in person and you have to cancel, make sure to follow up on a regular basis after returning.

whats your office

Also if you have a family as well, may be try to see if you can let them do this process without you and you can catch up once you return?
Ohh okay really? Wow yeah. I will be following up as soon as possible. I'm praying it's online though. I wish it wasn't the one week I'm away after waiting 2 years. It's very unfortunate.

Reactions: iceman55

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Wow.

whats your office
My office is Mississauga

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
For anyone who has given online interview via MS teams.....did you join by clicking on "Click here to join the meeting" on the interview document u received? or is there a separate link? pls help

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
For anyone who has given online interview via MS teams.....did you join by clicking on "Click here to join the meeting" on the interview document u received? or is there a separate link? pls help
I have taken interview via MS Team by clicking the link in interview document. It was pretty smooth. Please ensure you join 5 minutes early.