+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship exam is completed and I received interview for application

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
At what time is your interview @coolak2007 ? Mine's at 11.45. Are you in the April applicant's whatsapp group? Not sure if you're the same person but there's someone there also with an interview on Aug 8th

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Yes, i am in April group, same its me. Mine at 12:30

Reactions: ashwin35

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Just checked with a couple of agencies, they can do online whereas you send documents online and they reply back. Average is like 40-50$ per doc, turnaround is 2-4 bus days. For Arabic https://transarabic.ca/receive-a-quote/

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, I'm planning to go with Translation Agency of Ontario (link you shared). Spoke to them and their rates seem reasonable. I have a handful of entry exit stamps to be translated and just 2 visa stickers to be translated. I was willing (or rather interested) to go in person but they said that their Toronto office is closed and they're only accepting documents online.

Reactions: coolak2007

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Wish you all the best, don't worry, from forum it looks like they just need to verify a few things in-person..Lets meet for a chat if happen to cross each other. yes, April group - its a good forum to share experiences so others can prepare for the same better

Reactions: ashwin35

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Wish you all the best, don't worry, from forum it looks like they just need to verify a few things in-person..Lets meet for a chat if happen to cross each other. yes, April group - its a good forum to share experiences so others can prepare for the same better
Yeah, not worrying really. Was just hoping for a faster approval since I have a job opportunity that depends on it. Called IRCC and they said LPP hasn't started. I know Language and Physical Presence can be completed quite fast after an interview but if Prohibitions hasn't even started, it's likely going to take quite a bit of time after the interview unfortunately.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Yeah, not worrying really. Was just hoping for a faster approval since I have a job opportunity that depends on it. Called IRCC and they said LPP hasn't started. I know Language and Physical Presence can be completed quite fast after an interview but if Prohibitions hasn't even started, it's likely going to take quite a bit of time after the interview unfortunately.
Ohh, not aware of that, I thought LPP can be a breeze after interview cleared, hope for the best. If you've offer, add in expedite queue if it qualifies their criteria. Prohibitions, not sure if its as thorough as Background check, including criminality checks etc

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Its all luck at the moment. Same here, wanted to plan a trip back home as need to take care of parents health stuff and all. Lets see, we'll see some indication if not on 08-Aug hopefully, whether its leaning towards more timely (secondary review after interview) or just formal checks and check box -> LPP -> Oath queue

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Its all luck at the moment. Same here, wanted to plan a trip back home as need to take care of parents health stuff and all. Lets see, we'll see some indication if not on 08-Aug hopefully, whether its leaning towards more timely (secondary review after interview) or just formal checks and check box -> LPP -> Oath queue
Mine is a US job offer. So won't qualify for urgent processing and besides, I don't think urgent processing will make a difference this late in the application process. More than the job, I too have some medical reasons that requires travel but decided against requesting urgent processing based on it. I don't want a new request to delay things further. Hoping the interviewing officer can give us some sense of timelines on Aug 8th.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
check https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=021&top=4 as well as https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1558&top=5

Can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
Yes, we can process applications for citizenship services urgently in some situations.
We’ll review your application to see if it qualifies. Even if you qualify, we can’t guarantee we’ll process your application urgently.
Find out when and how to apply urgently to

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
I work for US company through PEO as well, had H1B, maybe that's one of the reasons they want to interview, check intent of us not flying for good :)

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
I work for US company through PEO as well, had H1B, maybe that's one of the reasons they want to interview, check intent of us not flying for good :)
lol, I used to be on a H1B too. But I work for the Canadian subsidiary of the US company I used to work for. So 100% working for a Canadian company here. The opportunity now is to go back to the US HQ but once I get a feel for how things go on Aug 8th, I'll decide if I'll decline that job and just wait out this process to avoid unnecessary stress.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Just checking in. So as per the IRCC letter for Interview: 2 IDs, Passport, PR card, All Original Documents per Citizenship Application checklist (includes same documents + Application Form, Physical Presence Calculator, Passport copy, IELTS, Checklist itself, All original passports and travel documents). Do we need to carry all of these, as for Travel documents, will be a big bunch including the visa/I-94/approval notices/prior company letters etc. as well as e-tickets/Itinerary? I got my certified Translation today

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just checking in. So as per the IRCC letter for Interview: 2 IDs, Passport, PR card, All Original Documents per Citizenship Application checklist (includes same documents + Application Form, Physical Presence Calculator, Passport copy, IELTS, Checklist itself, All original passports and travel documents). Do we need to carry all of these, as for Travel documents, will be a big bunch including the visa/I-94/approval notices/prior company letters etc. as well as e-tickets/Itinerary? I got my certified Translation today
Yes carry everything.

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
I hadn't thought of taking the citizenship application checklist and past company letters. I printed out my citizenship application which includes the physical presence calculator. I'm taking my past I-797's , SSN, F1/OPT documents and proof of PR from another country since all these were mentioned in my application. Now that you mention it, will also take my past employment letters and W2's.

For travel during the 5 year period prior to application date, I have taken all the ticket/invoices for travel in/out of Canada, nearly all of the boarding passes for these trips (probably missing 1 or 2), print out of I-94 travel history (for entry/exits through US) and in most cases, also a copy of the Canada customs form with date and timestamp of my declaration (I took pictures upon arrival each time). Not taking any itineraries except for 2 group trips where the invoice from the travel company also has the start/end date of the tour along with payment invoice - to further confirm the dates.

What I don't have have are tickets/boarding passes for trips I made while I was living in the US - prior to my permanent move to Canada. Will just have to rely on passport stamps and I-94 travel history for those.

Also taking all my CRA NoA's and T4+tax filings for the past 4 years and in addition to my IELTS report, taking my education documents- degrees along with the WES evaluation that was done during PR etc.

I too got my translations this past Tuesday.