+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship e-Certificate?

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Was helping a friend apply for a visitor visa and noticed there is a new option for downloading a citizenship e-certificate on that portal. I found it quite interesting and wanted to share it with you all. Has anyone heard of this before? Check the video below - minute 2:57

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
I while ago a super member Raj posted ATIP notes from the IRCC themselves. I read there that they have been struggling to implement the e-certificate for a while now. It’s one of their “choke points” to their process and often something people on here complain about. It will be like the vaccine certificate where you download your citizenship certificate. It’s not official AFAIK but in the pipeline.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Was helping a friend apply for a visitor visa and noticed there is a new option for downloading a citizenship e-certificate on that portal. I found it quite interesting and wanted to share it with you all. Has anyone heard of this before? Check the video below - minute 2:57

It does't work, as it says that "You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate". But in the application nor during the oath nor in any where we were asked our choice. So, this is something that they may be trying as a test and not available for public yet. But I was able to create an account and got to the last step.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
It does't work, as it says that "You have not opted to receive an electronic Citizenship Certificate". But in the application nor during the oath nor in any where we were asked our choice. So, this is something that they may be trying as a test and not available for public yet. But I was able to create an account and got to the last step.
how you have created account without invite code?

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Interesting. Maybe this is part of the project the minister was talking about where applicants would be able to self administer their oaths? Maybe after self administering their oath they'll have an option to receive an e-certificate if they wish? I guess only time will tell

Reactions: funloving

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
I got the same reason

Reactions: funloving

Aquamarine8

Oct 5, 2021
According to the latest ATI, It was supposed to be rolled out in November 2021 but it seems it’s delayed. I guess we might hear about it in the new fiscal year

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I was asked if I'd like to opt in for a pilot program to get an e-certificate instead of a paper one which I said yes. But I have been waiting for oath invite for a month now I am getting worried their program is not ready and that is what is holding my application in a pause...

Reactions: Alsalma

reemwael

Mar 1, 2017
I was asked if I'd like to opt in for a pilot program to get an e-certificate instead of a paper one which I said yes. But I have been waiting for oath invite for a month now I am getting worried their program is not ready and that is what is holding my application in a pause...
At which point were you asked about this?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
At which point were you asked about this?
Test email had that option. If it was not asked in the Test email, you will get paper certificate. From Jan 4th you have an option to select the type of certificate you want in the citizenship application.