+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate

Qatartrip

Nov 18, 2022
Hello,
Hope all is well! I have a flight on December 6th to see my dad before his surgery as he is very sick. I need to be there to take care of him. My oath is on November 29th. Is there a way for me to get my citizenship certificate earlier?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hello,
Hope all is well! I have a flight on December 6th to see my dad before his surgery as he is very sick. I need to be there to take care of him. My oath is on November 29th. Is there a way for me to get my citizenship certificate earlier?
Contact IRCC and ask for the certificate to be sent urgently. But Nov 29th to 6th of December is really close. Perhaps ask if you can pick it up and then go for an urgent passport.
Otherwise, you can just go through with the oath, go on your trip and then have someone you trust mail the certificate to you in your country. You can apply for a passport at the nearest Canadian embassy.

Victory2017

Jun 30, 2017
Hello,
If you have the medical certificate with the diagnosis the day of the oath you can show it to them . I had my oath in nov 8th online my dad is abroad is sick i show the medical certificate after the oath i email oath citizenship with the certificat medical . After 2 days i receive email to pick up

imranahmed10

Jul 17, 2013
Hello,
my oath was on nov 16th online (Scarborough). do you know how long it takes to get the citizenship cetificate?

Corellon

Dec 13, 2022
Hello,
I had my oath on Nov 9th, still no certificate, they ask during oath ceremony if you have any urgent travel plans and make your process faster, I didn`t have any plans, but wasn`t expecting it to be this long, wish I said it was urgent.

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello folks!
So I have received an email for my oath ceremony which will be in Feb however I just realized that I haven't paid the citizenship certificate fees yet would it be any problem also when and how I can pay the fees?
Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!