+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony

Brogan

May 15, 2021
Hi,
When I logged into My Profile account to check my citizenship application the below appears and the ceremony is now the only open stage.
I've receive no email or physical mail notification - checked spam etc.
Should I expect to receive as I'm wondering why it states 'Waiting on you'?
I plan to book flights this week to attend as I'm overseas for the next year
Thanks
Robert

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 8, 2021.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
When I logged into My Profile account to check my citizenship application the below appears and the ceremony is now the only open stage.
I've receive no email or physical mail notification - checked spam etc.
Should I expect to receive as I'm wondering why it states 'Waiting on you'?
I plan to book flights this week to attend as I'm overseas for the next year
Thanks
Robert

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 8, 2021.
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment
You'll receive an email only about a week or two before the ceremony date.

Reactions: bellaluna

Brogan

May 15, 2021
I still have not received a notification mail with the details etc for attending the scheduled 8th Nov date
It just says Waiting on you and states follow the instructions sent etc
Is this expected? What do if not received by 2 weeks before?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I still have not received a notification mail with the details etc for attending the scheduled 8th Nov date
It just says Waiting on you and states follow the instructions sent etc
Is this expected? What do if not received by 2 weeks before?
It comes closer to 1 week to a few days before. What’s happening to you is completely normal.

It’s not even 2 weeks to your oath yet. Did you read and remember the reply you got 2 months ago after you asked about this exact issue? That’s exactly why they don’t send the details too far in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Brogan

May 15, 2021
Would you be able to advise what documents need to be presented? I have not received the notification yet but I'm flying out on Saturday so I would like to make sure I take whatever docs need to be presented for the scheduled Nov 8 ceremony.
Are the ceremonies online still?
It comes closer to 1 week to a few days before. What’s happening to you is completely normal.

It’s not even 2 weeks to your oath yet. Did you read and remember the reply you got 2 months ago after you asked about this exact issue? That’s exactly why they don’t send the details too far in advance.

I'm flying to Toronto from Ireland this Saturday for the scheduled ceremony on the 8th November but still await the notification with instructions on the below.
Could you let me what documents need to be presented per the below in bold?
I'm asking as I'm flying out on Saturday and want to know what I should take

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Would you be able to advise what documents need to be presented? I have not received the notification yet but I'm flying out on Saturday so I would like to make sure I take whatever docs need to be presented for the scheduled Nov 8 ceremony.
Are the ceremonies online still?

I'm flying to Toronto from Ireland this Saturday for the scheduled ceremony on the 8th November but still await the notification with instructions on the below.
Could you let me what documents need to be presented per the below in bold?
I'm asking as I'm flying out on Saturday and want to know what I should take

Here's a copy of my oath letter =>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jFCLwaYyWib_ITdomOOl0oepBL_PNgVV/view?usp=sharing

Take a look and you'll see what documents are required.

Brogan

May 15, 2021
Many thank - received my notification this morning. Do you know what the Personal ID is on checklist?

spacer

Jan 21, 2022
When was the last virtual citizenship ceremony in Edmonton? The process seems slow and it is very difficult to reach out to them as I have been waiting for almost 8 months for a ceremony date.