+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship card

naumankhalid

Jul 8, 2012
Hi,

what is the formal procedure for the kids or attend any oath ceremony who get citizenship cards when her parent are Canadian Citizen?

Thanks.

Nauman

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The citizenship ceremony is a celebration for most people and many families bring all their kids dressed up in their best outfits.

It is however not required that children under 14 attend but 14 and older must swear the citizenship oath.

If the parents are already citizens when the baby is born and the baby gains it's citizenship based on that rather then through naturalization, there is no ceremony required.

naumankhalid

Jul 8, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I gained citizenship in 2011, my girl born on March 2010. She got PR Card last October 2012. I applied a Citizenship Card for her.
They said it will take 6 months. Is there any need of oath ceremony or they will send citizenship card to my address?

Thanks.

Nauman

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naumankhalid said:
I gained citizenship in 2011, my girl born on March 2010. She got PR Card last October 2012. I applied a Citizenship Card for her.
They said it will take 6 months. Is there any need of oath ceremony or they will send citizenship card to my address?
So if your daughter is 3 years old, she is under 14 so she does not have to attend the oath. I do not know if they will mail the citizenship certificate to your house or ask you to pick it up somewhere. You will have to wait until they contact you.