+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications timeline - St John's, Newfoundland

jrabbit

Jun 22, 2015
mrbravo said:
because there are no ceremonies now in Newfoundland.
i hope this forum sends out notifications in emails when a reply is posted.

MrBravo, I suppose by now you are already a Canadian citizen, and I have a couple questions for you, hope you can answer them.

1. did you actually go through some sort of ceremony here in St. John's, or did you have to go some other city.
2. During the oath taking, are you the only person who applied from Newfoundland, or is there are group of others who applied from Newfoundland as well?
3. If you took the oath together with other applicants from Newfoundland, do you know the approximate group size?

Thanks.

jrabbit

Jun 22, 2015
Also, just to share a bit of information about myself.

I consider myself extremely lucky with my application, because it went really quick. Here is the summary that I copied from the online status check

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2015.
We sent you a notice on June 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Beside being lucky, I am naively guessing that being a permanent resident for almost 8 years helps with quick processing as well.
During these years, I have only left canada once - for 3 months.

I have not taken the test/interview as of this moment. I'll try to remember to update this thread when I have taken the test 2 days from now.

Joshemir

Jun 23, 2015
St. John's, NL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any update?

jrabbit said:
Also, just to share a bit of information about myself.

I consider myself extremely lucky with my application, because it went really quick. Here is the summary that I copied from the online status check

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2015.
We sent you a notice on June 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 24, 2015 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Beside being lucky, I am naively guessing that being a permanent resident for almost 8 years helps with quick processing as well.
During these years, I have only left canada once - for 3 months.

I have not taken the test/interview as of this moment. I'll try to remember to update this thread when I have taken the test 2 days from now.