+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

AnkitaD

Oct 6, 2017
Hello, all

During last 4 year, I had visited India for 1 month as vacation, while filling application, do I need to put that period in address ( form 6.G)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes - the calculator has definitely been updated. You must ensure the date you sign the application matches the date you entered... They cannot be different.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so are u guys using the old forms? I dont see any new forms unless I'm on a wrong page

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hi!

I got married this December 2016.

I was wondering if I can change my name once I apply for citizenship (I'm eligible to apply early January 2018) so that on my Canadian passport, I will have my husband's surname. I haven't changed my family last name on my PR card and passport though after I got married.

Can somebody shed me some light, thanks a lot!

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
The new Physical Presence Calculator seems to be up now. My saved data is now in the new format/calculations... good that i don't have to 'redo'.
Correct
Copied just now --
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the five years immediately before the date of your application. We encourage applicants to apply with more than the minimum requirement of 1,095 days of physical presence, to account for any miscalculations of absences, or any other aspect that could lower the physical presence total below 1,095 days. Please note that you cannot meet the physical presence requirement without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.

When calculating your time in Canada:

• only the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application are taken into account;
  • each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);
  • each day you were physically present in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
  • time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. serving a term of imprisonment, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted towards your physical presence - there are some exceptions.

Link https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?&lang=en&_ga=2.75288849.20163594.1507680080-2066083362.1507680079

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Just a reminder guys, if you have difficulty accessing website... make sure to clear your cache to see the updated website (updated calculator, guide forms etc,) once it’s updated.