+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship application with peace bond

ridwanzk

Jan 5, 2017
Hello

any idea how long it might take for processing? I am still waiting at bsc. All of them “in progress”- language skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibition. I have active peacebond. However, apparently in july my criminality has passed. They are still doing security screening.

applicants from march 2023 like my self are sitting for their citizenship test. Please advise

thank you

rzk

xf2278389393

Aug 27, 2023
A peace bond is not a conviction or a sentence; it is a preventative order issued on the (mere) basis of another person's fear that only requires proof to the civil standard of more likely than not (as of opposed to the criminal standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt), and, as such, does not constitute a prohibition under the Citizenship Act.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Hello

any idea how long it might take for processing? I am still waiting at bsc. All of them “in progress”- language skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibition. I have active peacebond. However, apparently in july my criminality has passed. They are still doing security screening.

applicants from march 2023 like my self are sitting for their citizenship test. Please advise

thank you

rzk
Hii, how were you able to know that your criminality passed and not your security?

Kzr2001

Aug 14, 2019
Hey this is my other account- ridwanzk. i called ircc. they told me on the phone. also, later when i got gcms notes, it said criminality passed.

Hii, how were you able to know that your criminality passed and not your security?