+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - Two Pieces of ID - Passport copy??

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

According to CIC website, the following is required for making citizenship application.

5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification

Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

a Canadian driver’s licence
a Canadian health insurance card
a copy of your passport page containing your photo and personal details, etc.

Now it also says that,

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

My question now is I have a valid drivers license which I will provide. But i have an expired health card and i have already renewed it. but i wont receive my new health card for next 4 to 5 weeks. And an expired health card is not a valid document anymore.

So i can provide again a copy of passport against the second piece of identification even though i have already provided it for document list # 3.

So basically same document fulling two document requirements.??

Thanks.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
77 views and no reply.

Is everyone confused or is it just me?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I'd say that both PR card and your passport can work as a second ID, but if it was me I would add the expired health card + the renewal paperwork together with it too. It will prove your health insurance for all these years you've live in Canada.

Also write a note with explanation about your health card expiry and renewal.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Suin said:
I'd say that both PR card and your passport can work as a second ID, but if it was me I would add the expired health card + the renewal paperwork together with it too. It will prove your health insurance for all these years you've live in Canada.
Be careful though: some people argue that a recently renewed pieces of ID (renewed within 3 months of application) may be a cause of RQ. Not sure if it still applies. In my case, I was facing similar question and ended up applying with my original passport, PR card, BC Health card and a driver's licence that was about to expire (5 days after the application). If you choose to wait for the renewal of the health card, better wait for 3 months after you receive it.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
That is true, but at the same time they can see the expiry date - how long after expiry it was renewed. All of them understand with the expired health card you are not covered. That's why I would suggest to send both the old health card + the renewal paper that was given in the governmental office.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for the input. I will attach the renewal page with my application.

However, I have question:

According to RQ triggers,

" C1 – ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application. ".....

Which ID are they looking for? the primary one with the photo ID or every ID.

Also do you think if I wait till I get my new health card and attach a copy of both the old and the new health card, will that still be a trigger for RQ?

They can see both old health card and the new health card. The old was issued years ago and they will know i renewed it.

If CIC goes by the book saying, a new issued ID within 3 months = RQ, do you suggest me to just provide the drivers license and the passport copy and add just the old health card copy and not wait for the new one.

Please let me know. I hate RQs. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks everyone for the input. I will attach the renewal page with my application.

However, I have question:

According to RQ triggers,

" C1 – ID (provided in support of application) has been issued within 3 months of date of application. ".....

Which ID are they looking for? the primary one with the photo ID or every ID.

Also do you think if I wait till I get my new health card and attach a copy of both the old and the new health card, will that still be a trigger for RQ?

They can see both old health card and the new health card. The old was issued years ago and they will know i renewed it.

If CIC goes by the book saying, a new issued ID within 3 months = RQ, do you suggest me to just provide the drivers license and the passport copy and add just the old health card copy and not wait for the new one.

Please let me know. I hate RQs. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hi dear pnp how did it go. I am in the same boat and have renewed my Health Card and currently have the renewal papers? Am i good to submit the expired health card along with the renewal paper?