+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application status: cancelled

user123456

Jul 23, 2023
Hey guys, I hope you can advise me. I submitted a group application (me and my husband) on August 28th, 2023. Since then I got zero updates, and my husband got AOR on October 18th. He created his tracker account and started following the updates. He got one ghost update about a week ago and that's it. Today we logged in just to check if anything has changed, and the tracker showed his application status as cancelled (last update was yesterday, November 14th). He didn't get any emails with updates or notifications, no reason for application being cancelled is stated, nothing.

The website that we used to submit our group application (not the tracker) still shows both our application statuses as Submitted and that's it.

One weird thing to mention is that his email for AOR had a different UCI number than the one he has in his submission confirmation letter. Everything else in email is correct, so we didn't think much of it (maybe they just generated a new one for him).

We are very worried and don't know what to do. I guess we can submit a new application only after my application gets cancelled as well, but it literally had zero updates since the day I submitted it, so I am not even sure they didn't lose it.

What should we do? Is there a way to find out the reason his application was cancelled? Should we wait for my application get any updates before we apply again? also is there a way for me to find out why my application is not moving at all?

baggins100

Dec 18, 2020
I applied in November and see my status as cancelled too. Exactly like yours. No other history than the application filed. Have you found out anything?

user123456

Jul 23, 2023
I applied in November and see my status as cancelled too. Exactly like yours. No other history than the application filed. Have you found out anything?
actually yes! we called IRCC and asked what was going on with our applications, and the lady on the phone was super helpful. She checked our applications and said that they were not really cancelled, it was a technical error on their end. Basically something happened and they assigned my husband a wrong UCI number when they started processing his application. They found out it was wrong, *cancelled* that particular applicartion for security reasons, and then basically forgot to start processing our applications again. That whole thing was a reason why my application wasn't moving at all (because they started processing his under the wrong UCI and treated it as a single application) and why he didn't get a refusal letter. She contacted an agent that works on the applications and sent them a request to bring our applications back to processing (because it looked like they just forgot about them after they closed that wronful application).

So if you are in a similar situation and you didn't get a refusal letter from them, then you should call them and ask them to check what is going on.

Reactions: baggins100

user123456

Jul 23, 2023
I'm glad it's resolved! May I ask which number you called?
thanks! We are now waiting for our applications to start being processed again, hopefully it won't take long

We called this number: 1-888-242-2100

If you call and they tell you they have too many calls and you should call later, try calling them around 10-11 am. Also don't hesitate to request a call back from them (they give you this option sometimes), we did it and they called us back in around 20-30 minutes. Also have you UCI and application number ready, the robot will ask you to enter it before you reach an operator

also see if you can find a payment confirmation for your application, we were asked to confirm the number of that as well