+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application sent back

hamstar

Jun 6, 2013
Hey guys we submitted my wifes citizenship application in early march and yesterday we got it back with a letter saying the following:

You application was considered incomplete and was nprocess.
The photocopies of school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing or are illegible.

We don't understand this. We have 3 kids, one is 3 months and the others are 6 and 4. I contacted all the schools my 6 year old went too (we moved 3 times since she was born) and got each of them to prepare a letter indicating she attended and did the same for my 4 year old who has only been at one school. The letters are clear and the current school even gave us attendance records which we have attached. My wife hasn't been in school. Along with this I even wrote a letter explaining from what date to what date which school my 6 year old went to and the correlating letters...

so I just don't get what we did wrong here - anyone have any thoughts on this?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamstar said:
Hey guys we submitted my wifes citizenship application in early march and yesterday we got it back with a letter saying the following:

You application was considered incomplete and was nprocess.
The photocopies of school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing or are illegible.

We don't understand this. We have 3 kids, one is 3 months and the others are 6 and 4. I contacted all the schools my 6 year old went too (we moved 3 times since she was born) and got each of them to prepare a letter indicating she attended and did the same for my 4 year old who has only been at one school. The letters are clear and the current school even gave us attendance records which we have attached. My wife hasn't been in school. Along with this I even wrote a letter explaining from what date to what date which school my 6 year old went to and the correlating letters...

so I just don't get what we did wrong here - anyone have any thoughts on this?

Did you have any school report cards "transcripts" for yourself or any member of your family included in the application issued from Canada ?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
We provided transcrips together with letter signed by the principal. Not sure now what else they would possibly need as a proof?
If they don't trust Canadian schools, what to do about the foreign education?
Completely confused now.

Aug 26, 2011
It may not be anything that you did. I have heard from some Citizenship applicants and a well known immigration consultant in our area that CIC is sending Citizenship applications back for no real reason. I know a lady who had her application returned because CIC said the language requirements were not right but, they were exactly what CIC requests in their instructions. There have been others on this forum who have had their applications returned and they don't know why because they provided what CIC requested. It appears it could be a stalling tactic on behalf of CIC. If you are confident you have provided everything CIC wants, I would send them another letter and outline to CIC what their requirements are and how you have met them for each family member and provide the proof once again. Good Luck!

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you send letters from the school or official attendance papers?! maybe a letter is not enough, i am preparing our application now and this is something to consider, i wish they are more clear with there requirements.