+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Query

karan1212

Oct 9, 2022
I became Permanent Resident on April 8, 2021 while being outside Canada. I travelled back to Canada on April 14 on Work permit and when I came back, I realized my Pr application has been approved.
Now I'm applying for citizenship, I'm uploading information in "PHYSICAL PRESENCE CALCULATOR". When I put my return date to Canada as April 14 it shows an error:
  • You have entered an absence from Canada on the same date that you became a Permanent Resident, check to ensure your dates are correct.
Now should I change my return date to April 8, 2021 and write a description that the system is not letting me put my return date as April 14, 2021 or should I change the date of becoming permanent resident as April 14, 2021 so that the calculator lets me move forward?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I became Permanent Resident on April 8, 2021 while being outside Canada. I travelled back to Canada on April 14 on Work permit and when I came back, I realized my Pr application has been approved.
Now I'm applying for citizenship, I'm uploading information in "PHYSICAL PRESENCE CALCULATOR". When I put my return date to Canada as April 14 it shows an error:
  • You have entered an absence from Canada on the same date that you became a Permanent Resident, check to ensure your dates are correct.
Now should I change my return date to April 8, 2021 and write a description that the system is not letting me put my return date as April 14, 2021 or should I change the date of becoming permanent resident as April 14, 2021 so that the calculator lets me move forward?
What date is there on the back of your PR card?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
The date on back of PR card is April 8, 2021 where as the date on COPR is April 9, 2021
You should go with what's mentioned on your PR card and then be in Canada on that day eventhough you were not there. Write a letter of explanation explaining the situation and have enough buffer days.