+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application and careless driving

harp21

Sep 12, 2024
I applied for citizenship in January 2023, did my test in May 2023. In December 2023, I was charged with DUI, which was later changed to careless driving under HTA in March 2024 with 1 year probation which ends on February 2025. I got fingerprint request and I submitted it, then I got interview call. At interview I disclosed the above situation. Now I got a final notice letter relating to the DUI charges explanation. My matter was summary and there is no criminal implication. How will it affect my application? Will it be refused or I have to wait for the oath until I complete my probation? Please advise

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for citizenship in January 2023, did my test in May 2023. In December 2023, I was charged with DUI, which was later changed to careless driving under HTA in March 2024 with 1 year probation which ends on February 2025. I got fingerprint request and I submitted it, then I got interview call. At interview I disclosed the above situation. Now I got a final notice letter relating to the DUI charges explanation. My matter was summary and there is no criminal implication. How will it affect my application? Will it be refused or I have to wait for the oath until I complete my probation? Please advise
Would advise you to at least speak with a qualified lawyer.