+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application: 2 pieces of ID's

ramlal

Jun 16, 2016
4. Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.

Examples include:

• a Canadian driver’s licence
  • a Canadian health insurance card
  • a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
Thanks, that explains it clearly.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So should I provide photocopy of both side of my drivers licence and health card ?
You only need to photocopy both sides of the ID if there's information on each side. Otherwise, the front will do. You can find that information on Document checklist, 5th box : Photocopy of personal identification document.

Also on MK's post:)

Reactions: zfx610

zfx610

Jan 15, 2017
You only need to photocopy both sides of the ID if there's information on each side. Otherwise, the front will do. You can find that information on Document checklist, 5th box : Photocopy of personal identification document.

Also on MK's post:)
Not sure about what kind of " information " it means, I mean all IDs have something (information) on both sides... but I think I'll just include both side anyway no big deal...
Thanks for your reply as well BTW

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Can someone help me to get some peace of mind?

I submitted my application in May and received AOR in Aug.

I submitted 1 copy of Passport(foreign national) and 1 copy of drivers license with my citizenship application.

Now looking at Personal identification requirements, i'm wondering should i have kept 2 copies of my passport ( one copy for Checklist - Photocopy of biographical pages of passport and one copy for personal identification?)

Can this be a problem to process my application? or processing agent will consider same copy of passport for both purpose?

Last edited:

vonsterfit

Aug 2, 2019
Healthcard is a GREAT piece of ID. Healthcard for people under work-visa usually don't have a photo. For PRs and citizens healthcards have photos, hence it is a government issued photo ID. In fact, it is better than a foreign driver's license for most cases.
In BC, healthcard is merged with your Driver's License. (the back of the drivers license will have your health card details).