+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO - ALL PNP APPLICANTS CONNECT HERE (Preparing Package, Apply, AOR, Transfer)

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
aramin84 said:
Hi All!!!

I received my EP/UCI today.

Application was first received on Feb 20th 2015
Application was returned in April due to missing signature but was sent out immediately after adding signature (last week of April).
No XEP stamped on file nor was an XEP number sent to me.

Application Received: Feb 20th 2015
Application Returned: Last Week April 2015
XEP: Skipped
EP/UCI: June 17th 2015
MR: ?
Are you outland applicant?

I am inland ainp applicant. Sent my docs firstly on December 8th 2014 (!), then in almost 5 months was returned package back ( due to payment), sent it again, CIO received it on April 20th and nothing since then... I dont get how they work and pick files

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
VictorPapa said:
If your returned application contain XEP number then you will receive your EP AOR very soon. But if there wasn't any XEP on your application then you should wait at least 2 months.(From 7 May)
Mine returned file had XEP long number, but I dont hear anything from CIO since April 20th. :( :(

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ansku97 said:
Hello to you too!

SINP existing work permit - sub category. And yes we are happy to be here in SK. All is well and everything is working out very well. Better than we expect. ;)
Very good to hear your positive Saskatchewan living experience. We will join you there very soon. ;)

Are you in Saskatoon or Regina? I decided to move to Saskatoon. Any advise for me as a new comer? ;)

Good luck.

Ansku97

Jan 17, 2013
VictorPapa said:
Very good to hear your positive Saskatchewan living experience. We will join you there very soon. ;)

Are you in Saskatoon or Regina? I decided to move to Saskatoon. Any advise for me as a new comer? ;)

Good luck.

I'm in Kindersley. West end of SASK. A place were lots of oilfield activities going on. :) It's just a small community but its progressing. What field are you in to? I can't really say much since I'm in a place that is quite of a country side, laid back and quiet were as Saskatoon is a city(urban) area.

Are you an out land applicant? I guess all i can say is process all necessary documents id's you need when you are here (SIN, Provincial ID, Health card), pay your taxes then you will be fine. ha ha ha..

If you will be in a place like mine that doesn't have public transport having a car is a necessity but then you'll enjoy long drive trips whenever there's long weekend.

One more thing i guess is building credit history. Its important here in Canada to have a good credit standing.

Anyone here that wants to add more and help VictorPapa? I haven't live here long enough but some might be able to give you tips.

VictorPapa

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ansku97 said:
I'm in Kindersley. West end of SASK. A place were lots of oilfield activities going on. :) It's just a small community but its progressing. What field are you in to? I can't really say much since I'm in a place that is quite of a country side, laid back and quiet were as Saskatoon is a city(urban) area.

Are you an out land applicant? I guess all i can say is process all necessary documents id's you need when you are here (SIN, Provincial ID, Health card), pay your taxes then you will be fine. ha ha ha..

If you will be in a place like mine that doesn't have public transport having a car is a necessity but then you'll enjoy long drive trips whenever there's long weekend.

One more thing i guess is building credit history. Its important here in Canada to have a good credit standing.

Anyone here that wants to add more and help VictorPapa? I haven't live here long enough but some might be able to give you tips.
Thank you my friend for your valuable advices. I work in IT field and I am outland applicant but I hope to get my PR visa in next 6 - 7 months! ;)

Take Care,

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Ansku97 said:

Thank you for the information,

I have some concerns about the cost of living, in Sas, How much time can we survive with our savings if we could not get a job soon.

Can you share real numbers about this : housing, food, and other

thank you again

Ansku97

Jan 17, 2013
tetunte said:
Thank you for the information,

I have some concerns about the cost of living, in Sas, How much time can we survive with our savings if we could not get a job soon.

Can you share real numbers about this : housing, food, and other

thank you again

Well this is tough but ill try. This is only based in my area so it might not really give you a very good numbers:

1. i live in a staff house (which give a little difference) 450/month (including utilities e.g water, heat and electricity) excluding net.

2. cooking your meal is cheaper that eating out. 80-100/month

3. transportation( i just walk ;D) but on a sedan car you could spend 50/week for a gas (travelling 35kms x 2) daily; so it does really helps if you can find a place near your work place.

4. internet depends on the plan but you can check sasktel's website or access communication for a good figure. Although if you get lucky some accomodation includes net on their rental fee.

5. Phone: you can do prepaid or postpaid. But here's the thing if you don't have airtime left on your prepaid you can't even received a call. hahaha. Now on postpaid some will ask security deposit especially if you want good phones with it. (that's where the credit standing will play)

that's all i can remember for now. and visit kijiji.ca for some rental rates this will give you a better numbers and as for the jobs saskjobs.ca is your friend.

take care.. ;)

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ansku97 said:
Well this is tough but ill try. This is only based in my area so it might not really give you a very good numbers:

1. i live in a staff house (which give a little difference) 450/month (including utilities e.g water, heat and electricity) excluding net.

2. cooking your meal is cheaper that eating out. 80-100/month

3. transportation( i just walk ;D) but on a sedan car you could spend 50/week for a gas (travelling 35kms x 2) daily; so it does really helps if you can find a place near your work place.

4. internet depends on the plan but you can check sasktel's website or access communication for a good figure. Although if you get lucky some accomodation includes net on their rental fee.

5. Phone: you can do prepaid or postpaid. But here's the thing if you don't have airtime left on your prepaid you can't even received a call. hahaha. Now on postpaid some will ask security deposit especially if you want good phones with it. (that's where the credit standing will play)

that's all i can remember for now. and visit kijiji.ca for some rental rates this will give you a better numbers and as for the jobs saskjobs.ca is your friend.

take care.. ;)
Thanks for sharing such useful info. I'd like to know a bit more, What kind of survival job one can get initially? And what would be the monthly salary in such job? which one would be best for a Outland newcomer, regina or Saskatoon? Thanks :)

Ansku97

Jan 17, 2013
FSWCIO said:
Thanks for sharing such useful info. I'd like to know a bit more, What kind of survival job one can get initially? And what would be the monthly salary in such job? which one would be best for a Outland newcomer, regina or Saskatoon? Thanks :)

You're welcome. Minimum salary wage in SASK is $10.20/hr as far as i know and that's in service industry e.g. fastfood or hotels.
Right now fast food industry is in a dire need of staffs because of the new regulations for TFW so your best bet for a survival jobs is in fast food which pays a decent amount already around $1200/month which covers basically your needs without using up your savings.That's a good start while your trying to find your "dream job" or your target profession. I'm just basing this info on a single person now it differs as well if your married.

Hope this info helps.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ansku97 said:
You're welcome. Minimum salary wage in SASK is $10.20/hr as far as i know and that's in service industry e.g. fastfood or hotels.
Right now fast food industry is in a dire need of staffs because of the new regulations for TFW so your best bet for a survival jobs is in fast food which pays a decent amount already around $1200/month which covers basically your needs without using up your savings.That's a good start while your trying to find your "dream job" or your target profession. I'm just basing this info on a single person now it differs as well if your married.

Hope this info helps.
Thanks... I bet I'd prefer hotels or retail sector initially. I worked for McDonald's for couple of month and realized fast food work is tough :p :-\ :'( :eek: ;)

I'd like to know If you have any idea about the employment opportunities of a Sonographer in Regina ?
:)

Ansku97

Jan 17, 2013
FSWCIO said:
Thanks... I bet I'd prefer hotels or retail sector initially. I worked for McDonald's for couple of month and realized fast food work is tough :p :-\ :'( :eek: ;)

I'd like to know If you have any idea about the employment opportunities of a Sonographer in Regina ?
:)

I agree with you. Fast food jobs is one tough of work. Sorry friend can't help you on that one. But I'd suggest visit this website: www.saskjobs.ca this will roughly gives you an idea on the jobs available and wages as well.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ansku97 said:
I agree with you. Fast food jobs is one tough of work. Sorry friend can't help you on that one. But I'd suggest visit this website: www.saskjobs.ca this will roughly gives you an idea on the jobs available and wages as well.
Definitely I will... Thank and +1 :)

tetunte

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Ansku97 said:
You're welcome. ;)
Thank you sir, by the way salary wage hour is going to change this October in Sas = 10.50

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/work/employment-standards/wages-and-pay/minimum-wage-and-minimum-call-out-pay

and this site could help us to find out, the earning after taxes in Sas

http://www.paymentevolution.com/Payroll/Calculator