+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC updated the forms, what are the chances of application being returned?

mtl_canadiens

Jan 2, 2016
As I gathered everything, and was ready to send off the application, I noticed that CIC updated IMM0008 form on their website.

The one I currently have was downloaded in October-2015
The one updated has 11-2015 date

This is such as setback because now I have to ask my wife to send me an updated application from Pakistan and wait again. And who's to know they might update another form meanwhile.

Should I send in my application with fingers crossed? As I see, both version of forms are exactly the same. Not a single new addition to the form.
Sigh.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ouch :( but really, if you don't mind spending another $100 or so she can just mail it express and you'll have it in a few days. It's a heck of a lot better than having your application returned.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
AFAIK there's only about a 2 week window from when they update to when they accept the outdated form. I mean, they COULD just ask you to send the updated one via email, or they could send the application back. Bit of a tough call.

M

mikeymyke

Same thing happened to my wife, but they didn't return our application. The forms were updated literally just 1 day before we sent them in.

mtl_canadiens

Jan 2, 2016
Thanks for the input guys, I think I will just ask my wife to send me a new application. I guess Better to wait a couple of weeks than having the whole package returned.

Still it is frustrating

tasman_island

Jan 3, 2016
Hey Mtl_canadiens,
How did you find out that the forms have been updated? I was looking over the site and cant find any indication of the difference? Also, More importantly, have they update any other forms you are aware of? am a little worried of having the rug pulled out from under me as I am nearin completion of my partnership visa and am worried for a similar circumstance. Thankyou and good luck!

mtl_canadiens

Jan 2, 2016
tasman_island said:
I just printed both of the forms out, the apparent update is identical in every way to the previous one......
Exactly, they are word for word similar yet if you look at the very bottom on the left of each page, the date is updated to (11-2015) whereas in previous one it was (04-2015).

When you go to your application package on CIC page, there is a date given beside each form. For instance I downloaded mine in October and I wrote the date I downloaded on the folder. So anytime you see a form on the website that has the month after your downloads, it means they are updated and you have to make sure you send in the most recent form.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there are ZERO differences
only difference is the date mark at the bottom.
I didn't notice it until Dec 30th night and had to copy paste everything over, lucky me...