+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC screwed up our life together!

ghostoffather

Nov 29, 2010
I am sorry to hear this news, I know wats the point of getting married and staying apart...
you have yor life to life, no issues but you were forgetting one thing..
what time you would had if after when you were united..
you crossed such a long and difficult time apart when the time came you...ALAS

I our country its a says" when the night becomes very darken, its means the timeof dawn is near"

Good luck man but if there i still hope dont waste you time in getting apart but waste in getting together i tell you its worth it! I will pray for you...

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Canuky, I feel bad for the two of you, I really do. I can understand your feeling that the immigration process was detrimental to your relationship. You fell in love from someone from another country and, because of that, you and your new spouse were put in the position (as we all are) of having to prove to this bureaucracy that your partner didn't just marry you to get into Canada. That's not something most "genuine" couples are prepared to have to prove - and when the FN comes from a country where "fraud" cases are more prevalent, it can be a daunting task. So, no, this immigration stuff is not for the faint of heart - not by a long shot.

That said, relationships that fail when stacked against such odds don't necessarily start out "wrong" or "bad", as has been implied. I think you can be very much in love and still fall apart when there is no chance to nurture that love, or begin to build the life you envisioned for yourselves. It's hard enough on those of us who actually manage to be together while waiting on PR - I cannot imagine how couples who are kept apart for months on end do it.

So, no, I don't agree when others say that the two of you not surviving the stress of this process means that the marriage would have fallen apart anyway. I think that is incredibly cruel - but it stands to reason that those who are still waiting for their PR to be finalized are afraid to consider the fact that it's possible their relationship might not survive the stress of this process either. I'm sure that the two of you went into this thinking you'd come out on the other end and build your life together. I am truly sorry for you both. It's a shame when any marriage falls apart - it's even sadder when it falls apart before it even has a chance to begin.

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
I'm sorry your marriage fell apart, but I think it's a bit unfair to blame it all on CIC. I've only spent 5 weeks in person with my boyfriend total, and yes it is hard to be together while being far apart, but not impossible. They say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Had your wife and you been able to get through this process it could've made your future together so much easier. Quick question though, did you ever visit her while going through the immigration process? And if you didn't, why not?

I know having a long distance relationship can be stressful, hence why some people aren't cut out for them. But come on, you were married for what, 11 months? I really don't think you can put all the blame on CIC and the stress they caused. There has to be more to the story than this.

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Canuky said:
Aplication withdrawn on Nov. 8th, refund received on Nov. 14th, divorced filed in Edmonton Court of Queen's Bench on Nov. 19th, spouse served with divorce papers on Nov. 29th. Final divorce judgement expected on Jan 31st.
If the final divorce judgment is expected on January 31st and you are divorcing on the basis of one year of separation as you said in your first post in this thread, that means you were separated within a month of getting married and before submitting your application to the CIC in February 2010.

It sounds like you were either separated when you submitted your sponsorship application -which would make your sponsorship application fraudulent- or you misrepresented the date of separation on your affidavit for divorce in order to finalize your divorce sooner -which would make your application for divorce both fraudulent and perjurious.

I truly hope that I have misunderstood what is happening here.

Canuky

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
What are you talking about Mexicana? DO not judge anyone except you are in a position to do so. The Family judges in Edmonton are not fools and can spot fraudulent divorce papers without your help. So keep your comments and prejudice to yourself.......also one final word- "think before you type".

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
MexiCana said:
If the final divorce judgment is expected on January 31st and you are divorcing on the basis of one year of separation as you said in your first post in this thread, that means you were separated within a month of getting married and before submitting your application to the CIC in February 2010.

It sounds like you were either separated when you submitted your sponsorship application -which would make your sponsorship application fraudulent- or you misrepresented the date of separation on your affidavit for divorce in order to finalize your divorce sooner -which would make your application for divorce both fraudulent and perjurious.

I truly hope that I have misunderstood what is happening here.
I just wanted to mention that in Canada the grounds for divorce are either adultry, abuse or separation. As long as a couple have been apart for one year, they can use that as grounds for divorce. It doesn't mean they weren't trying to work on things, or that they weren't still in some type of a relationship, but the fact that they have been *physically* separated for a period of one year is grounds for divorce.

Obviously this guy has been through enough, lost a ton of money and had his heart broken. Accusing him of trying to obtain a divorce by fraud is a bit much. Just let him move on and live his life.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
RobsLuv said:
It's a shame when any marriage falls apart - it's even sadder when it falls apart before it even has a chance to begin.
I totally agree with RobsLuv, and am deeply sorry for your marriage breaking apart, Canuky. I can totally see that you both were willing to "cook up" a long lasting marriage, just like all newlyweds who get married with a million plans, goals and dreams together. I'm really sorry to see you had an immigration barrier that kept you both from starting your journey together.

Be very strong. Good luck!

F

Fernandita

I think I understand you.. How you feeling, CIC is just unbelievable!!!! They just keep saying giving you time, and more time for review your file, and they just dont care if you have dreams, goals, et... Its just not fare to keep you waiting for over 4 years!!!!! No fair.. Sometimes, I feel like u..

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
bobshynoswife said:
I just wanted to mention that in Canada the grounds for divorce are either adultry, abuse or separation. As long as a couple have been apart for one year, they can use that as grounds for divorce. It doesn't mean they weren't trying to work on things, or that they weren't still in some type of a relationship, but the fact that they have been *physically* separated for a period of one year is grounds for divorce.

Obviously this guy has been through enough, lost a ton of money and had his heart broken. Accusing him of trying to obtain a divorce by fraud is a bit much. Just let him move on and live his life.
Thanks for your feedback. The information he provides is that he got married in January 2010 and filed the sponsorship papers in February 2010. But he also says he will be divorced by January 2011 on the basis of one year of separation. I had to delay sponsoring my partner because we were waiting for a divorce to come through. We needed to wait because we complied with the rules and therefore had to wait until we qualified for common law sponsorship because we couldn't marry. I mean no disrespect to this person, but if I see an inconsistency of that magnitude I am going to point it out. He is free to correct me if I am wrong and he chose to personally attack me instead of doing so.

As of the date of separation a couple is no longer eligible for family class sponsorship, regardless of whether they are trying to work it out. Separation is a legal status and there is no grey area that allows you to be separated for the purposes of obtaining a divorce while not being separated for the purposes of your immigration application.

Your definition of separation is not entirely accurate. Physical separation is not the definition. Indeed, in some cases spouses who are still living in the same house are deemed to be separated. There must be an intention to live separate and apart. This means there must be a withdrawal from the matrimonial relationship with the "intent of destroying the matrimonial consortium." And the day you intend to destroy the matrimonial consortium is the day you are no longer an eligible member of the Family Class. You cannot have it both ways and to do so is unfair to all of us who comply with the rules. And I am sorry if that ruffles people's feathers, but I am certainly not going to fail to speak up when someone admits to it, regardless of how sad their situation is. We all have sad situations. They don't excuse us from complying with the requirements.