+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC RESPONSE TO CSE TO ADD NEWBORN

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
can
I just got a letter from CIC and I just had a baby few days back. The letter states, I need to upload the IMM 0008 and IMM 5406, fee and emedical form. But they have just created one upload section. So should I zip and upload all the forms requested? Also they have not asked for photo of the baby, are they not required?>
Can you please update abt your situation.

Zeesid555

Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

The best way is to send email to your your case processing centre. I followed this step to add my new born.
I Sent email to cpc Ottawa and got a request letter in profile the next day. So first thing is to contact your CPC directly first.

Hi Lola1984,
I am in the same situation as you. We have raised multiple CSE to add newborn but we never get any follow up from CIC guiding us to upload baby documents, what we did is to send baby's birth certificate, passport, proof of fund via the CSE and sent us an email telling us they received the documents and submit them to the department of interest, that's it. it's been over 1 month now and our 6 months period have past as well. we are still waiting. It would be good if you could share your experience with us.
thank you very much.
Hi

Newbie02

Mar 17, 2019
Hi,

The best way is to send email to your your case processing centre. I followed this step to add my new born.
I Sent email to cpc Ottawa and got a request letter in profile the next day. So first thing is to contact your CPC directly first.

Hi

Newbie02

Mar 17, 2019
Hi Zeesid55,
Thank you for your response but how do you know your case processing center?
I am applying through the the PNP Ontario and residing in USA. Could Ottawa be my COC? If yes. Could you please share the email address you used?
Thank you very much.

Zeesid555

Apr 19, 2019
I called CIC call centre to know about my case processing centre. I used this number 18882422100. After that I spoke to an agent and got to know where my visa office is. Hope this helps.

Hi Zeesid55,
Thank you for your response but how do you know your case processing center?
I am applying through the the PNP Ontario and residing in USA. Could Ottawa be my COC? If yes. Could you please share the email address you used?
Thank you very much.

Newbie02

Mar 17, 2019
Me too
Still waiting
I am also still waiting. On May 14th 2019 it would be 8 months of processing. I have read in one of the forum that PNP (outland) category is taking longer. Plus my case might have been on hold since I was pregnant at the time of my medical back in Sept 2018. On October 17th 2018 we did our biometric. On February 9th Medical passed as I complete the chest xray.
On February 18th 2019, I raised a CSE to add my new born. On March 14th, I hit the 6 months period.
I raised another CSE end of February since there was no change on my account online to add him. Still no response.

I called yesterday as Zeesid55 advised, was not able to reach them since I am calling from outside Canada. The only way I have to contact them is via CSE. So I sent another one to let them know again about my son and ask them what to do as of now? Still waiting for an answer.

Is someone been in the same case and got through this? Please share your experience.

Thank you very much.

Newbie02

Mar 17, 2019
I called CIC call centre to know about my case processing centre. I used this number 18882422100. After that I spoke to an agent and got to know where my visa office is. Hope this helps.
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, I actually called the number and it is not working from the US. Where you calling from outside Canada? If yes. Please tell me the trick to join them on the phone. Otherwise I used skype to call them. The number you gave me works only for people calling from inside Canada.

Thanks in advance for your response.

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,

sidpadki

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,
Hello

Are you already a PR residing in Canada? Or you are still in your home country with COPR? Did you request to add your child post PR approval/COPR issue?

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hello

Are you already a PR residing in Canada? Or you are still in your home country with COPR? Did you request to add your child post PR approval/COPR issue?
Hi I am already a PR residing in Canada, However My wife's application is still in process (no COPR issued) and meanwhile the child was born. I have already requested ircc through webform to add a child but have always received a generic reply and hence the confusion/question in my previous post.

Mac.pharma

Nov 24, 2020
My new born is added as dependent under my name but
1. They did not send medical exam request, what I should do ( upfront medical or wait for request)
2. There is no place holders under baby's name to upload documents just the name and UCI. Where to upload documents?