+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Rejected the Application based on NOC 1215

dhaval0605

Aug 22, 2014
Hi All,

I have not received any update since applying PR on July 2014, its almost an year, and my application is still in progress, so i had inquired about my CIC PR application status and found the reason,that my professional experience does not match with selected NOC code 1215,

And i found that,i made a mistake in my PR CIC application form regarding Job title as "supervisors" instead of "shipping co-coordinator".

Now there is only one option is that to change the my Job title "Supervisor" to "Shipping Coordinator" in my PR application form,
if it was "shipping coordinator" then i am liable to apply PR under NOC 1215, and i have all the document and experience certificates for the job title as "shipping co-coordinator" not "shipping super-wisor".

Now i am scarred that some friends/lawyer said that, you will get rejection as well as getting 5 years of ban in CANADA due to incorrect information mentioned in PR application form, apart from this issue my PR application detail was 100% correct like skill level, salary, experience .

My query is
1) can i update my PR application form by updating my job title "shipping supervisor" to "shipping coordinator"?
2) should i get ban of 5 years due to mistakenally wrong job title mentioned in PR application form?
3) whom do i need to contact for this issue in my PR application form? Its just mistake, how can i update my information, how to appeal ? whom to appeal? what is methodology for appealing?

Thanks for reading
Dhaval M.

einstein_pr

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Relax. Contrary to popular belief, CIC is not that unresonable. No one is going to ban you for this simple mistake (citing material misrepresentation).

From what I know, you don't have an option to fix the original application. My suggestion would be to send a detailed explanation letter with all the proof (supporting letter from employer, pay stub etc.) to CIC and wait for their response. Apply for GCMS notes after a month to see if there is any change in status. Good luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dhaval0605 said:
1) can i update my PR application form by updating my job title "shipping supervisor" to "shipping coordinator"?

CIC does NOT judge the fit with your NOC based on your job title. They judge the fit based on the duties and responsibilities described in your Letter of Employment.

Changing your job title will have no impact, other than to raise more suspicion.

3) whom do i need to contact for this issue in my PR application form? Its just mistake, how can i update my information, how to appeal ? whom to appeal? what is methodology for appealing?

It's not yet clear to me whether you have any reason to panic, since I do not know how well your letter of employment fits with the NOC.

But - MANY applicants have their applications go to second review. That alone is no reason to panic. If the review officer is concerned that your job duties and responsibilties do not fit the NOC, you will likely have the opportunity to explain.

You would have reason to be concerned if your duties and responsibilities are in fact supervisory, but your IELTS scores are not high enough for Level O requirements. Or if they don't match the NOC at all. Those are the only 2 reasons you would have to worry.

In any case, you cannot "appeal" until you have been refused, and you have not yet been refused.

dhaval0605

Aug 22, 2014
Thank you So much for great reply, I have now peace of mind,
I will wait until get reply from CIC than take any action,
currently I am prepared for answer if I need to