+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Paris Office asks for Police Arrest Report/Sheet - What is that?

lynkcus

Jul 30, 2014
Dear all

I am at the very final stage of my application for Federal Skilled Worker PR scheme. Processing office: PARIS

Current status:
Medical check - DONE
Right of Permanent Residence Fee - PAID
Police Certificates - 3 countries ALL SUBMITTED

One of my Police Certificate is not 100% clean.

In 2010, I was cautioned by UK Police for Shoplifting. The value of the items was small. This shows on my UK Police Certificate as CAUTION - SHOPLIFTING. To provide further information, I even attached a letter with this Police Certificate when I sent them to CIC (via email), explaining about what A CAUTION is in UK law system, and how equivalent it is in Canada law system (based on my research). I was trying to prove that it was the very first time that I made a mistake, and that a caution, according to UK law system is not a criminal conviction.

Today, I received an email from CIC, asking for a Police Arrest Report/Sheet. What is that that they are asking for? I thought the Police Certificate is enough. Has anyone ever had similar experiences? Should I be worried that they want to know further about the case even though I have provided all the information I had?

Thank you for all you help. I'd really appreciate it.

lynkcus

Jul 30, 2014
Update:

I contacted the Police station where the incident took place and followed their procedure to obtain a Police Arrest info sheet.
(in the UK, it's called the "Subject access right" that you need to ask for)

After several weeks, I received the form, then sent it to Paris Visa office, and after some waiting, they have given me the visa 6 days ago! I am waiting to get the passport stamped.

Basically, they wanted to know the amount of the shoplifting, and this information does not show on Police Certificate. So, the Police arrest sheet shows this, and they are satisfied.