+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Online Student Permit Application 2015

renukakhanna

Apr 17, 2015
I have applied for a student permit through MyCIC portal(Online application).I submitted the application on 24th march and got a confirmation regarding my submission on 25th march.

But its 8th week now and there are no updates. They have send no request for additional documents or medical. I have applied from United States but I am an Indian Citizen.

If somebody has faced the same situation or have any idea about how long they take to process the application, please share your experiences.

MG1995

May 21, 2015
Hi Renuka,
Did you get your visa?

Hi all,
I have a situation: I have applied online from India for the Visa and I have to fly to the US next week for an internship. I had applied through MyCIC on 7th May and have not yet received any update. Is it possible to transfer my application to the US or get my passport processed somewhere else? Also, how long does the study permit process takes in the US?

Thanks,
Mayank
(mgmayank18@gmail.com)

renukakhanna

Apr 17, 2015
No...i am still waiting for any update...For US they have mentioned 5 weeks as processing time but its almost 8 weeks now n not even a single update.I would recommend you to get it from new delhi as they are much faster.One of my known got the visa in 10 days.

@ himal...In online applications they give a list for the docs that needed to be uploaded..if u still want to upload something else,upload in the additional explanation section.The prob with online filing is dat they have limited space for the docs to be uploaded.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
renukakhanna said:
No...i am still waiting for any update...For US they have mentioned 5 weeks as processing time but its almost 8 weeks now n not even a single update.I would recommend you to get it from new delhi as they are much faster.One of my known got the visa in 10 days.

@ himal...In online applications they give a list for the docs that needed to be uploaded..if u still want to upload something else,upload in the additional explanation section.The prob with online filing is dat they have limited space for the docs to be uploaded.
Hey dude... Well you should check processing times depending on where in the US your application goes to...

For what I remember for example for NY it was 11 weeks...

Double check that...

And don't worry the processing time in my embassy was supposed to be 4 weeks but I got my visa after 9 weeks... I MEAN it was even more than twice the predicted time...

Good luck bro

MG1995

May 21, 2015
renukakhanna said:

Thanks Renuka. Can you also let me know what is your Visa Status in US when you applied for Canada Visa? Are you on Visitor Visa?

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hello Renuka,

I have applied for visa from US too.

Kindly let me know how much it took urs to finally arrive so that I can breathe.
Also did u got any medical request?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.